ARCADIA Open High School Mirror (1/9/2022)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

ARCADIA Open High School Mirror (1/9/2022)

Post by Heiliger Dankgesang »

On behalf of the ARCADIA set production team, I am pleased to announce that there will be an open online high-school-only mirror of ARCADIA on January 9, 2022. ARCADIA’s difficulty is 2.5 dots on the collegiate quizbowl difficulty scale, so you should expect it to be slightly harder than high school nationals or ACF Winter, but easier than ACF Regionals. Further details about the set can be found here. (For reference, this is the same set that is being mirrored in the über-competitive division of Reinstein Varsity on December 18.)

I will direct this tournament. Please direct any questions about this tournament to me at jacob[DOT]egol[AT]duke[DOT]edu or post them in this thread.

Time and Place:

This tournament will be held on Sunday, January 9, 2022 on Discord (with buzzin.live as our virtual buzzer system). Round 1 will begin at 10:00 am Eastern Time. A link to the tournament server will be sent to all registered teams during the week of the tournament.

Rules:

This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules, with their addenda for the inclusion of powers and any necessary modifications for online quizbowl.
All players will additionally need to keep their cameras turned on for the duration of the tournament.

Eligibility:

This tournament is only for high school players. However, since it is an open mirror, you are permitted to play with teammates who are not from your own school. (Closed high school teams from any region may still sign up for this mirror, however.)

To register for this tournament, please email me at jacob[DOT]egol[AT]duke[DOT]edu.

A team formation spreadsheet is available here. Please note that you are still required to email me in order to officially register.

This tournament's field is capped at 10 teams.

Payment:

The fee for this tournament will be $80 per team. Payment by Venmo or PayPal is preferred; if this does not work for you, please contact me and another form of payment can be arranged.

Staff will be compensated $20 for their time.

Code of Conduct:

The ARCADIA production team is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. All players and staff will be required to affirm the 2021 WORKSHOP Code of Conduct prior to this tournament in order to participate in it.

Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to having you play ARCADIA soon!
Last edited by Heiliger Dankgesang on Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Re: ARCADIA Open High School Mirror (1/9/2022)

Just a reminder that this tournament is happening in two weeks, so get those registrations in if you're interested in playing! We currently have enough staff to support 8 teams, and we will expand beyond that if we get more staff. If you are interested in staffing this mirror, please fill out this Google Form. (My apologies for not including that form in the op. Please note that filling out the form does not guarantee that you will staff on January 9.)
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

The field has reached 8 teams— we will expand pending the acquisition of more staff. In the meantime, you are welcome to sign up for the waitlist in the team formation spreadsheet linked upthread.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

We have expanded our field cap to 10 teams and currently have 9. Please sign up by Thursday mid-day if you are interested in playing this tournament!
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Registration is now closed–- teams should expect to receive a logistics email by later this evening.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Stats are being updated throughout the day here.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Congratulations to Thomasina Coverley FC (Richard Lin, Danny Peelen, Darryl Wang, Keshav Kumar, and Jacob Hardin-Bernhardt) for going 8-1 to win the tournament! Thank you to everyone who played today, and to Eric Gunter, Jim Fan, Kevin Thomas, Payton Schubel, Austin Guo, Cindy Gao, and Aditya Shivaswamy for staffing! Final stats can be found at the link above, and category stats can be found here.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF