FLopen 2020 Open Second Site @ Discord (1/16/21)

Old college threads.
JohnN
Lulu

FLopen 2020 Open Second Site @ Discord (1/16/21)

Post by JohnN »

This is the announcement for the second fully open Discord main site of FLopen, which will take place on Saturday, January 16th 2021. Details on the question set can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23813

Since this is an open tournament, teams can consist of players from any academic institutions, as well as players without any affiliation with an academic institution. This site is intended for teams seeking the highest level of competition, or teams without a regional mirror or acceptable alternative regional mirror (if any).

This tournament will take place over Discord, with a start time TBD. The discord link will be sent to all registered teams via email the night before the tournament. The use of webcams will be required for this tournament. If you cannot use a webcam for any reason, please contact me at [email protected] explaining your situation. Players are also required to keep one hand visible at all times on the camera while in matches.
This tournament will be using ACF online gameplay rules with powers.

Registration
A team formation and free agent spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

To register for this tournament, you must enter your team on the spreadsheet and email me your team roster at [email protected]
Please register no later than January 9th, 2021. The field is presently capped at 16 teams, but expansion if possible if there is enough interest and staff.

This tournament will have a code of conduct to which all players and staffers will be required to agree in order to participate; it will be sent out with the logistics email. Any individuals who violate the code of conduct will be either removed from the tournament or warned as appropriate.

Staff
If you are interested in staffing this tournament, please put your name and contact email on the spreadsheet, and also email me at [email protected] notifying me of this. Please do not sign up to staff if there is any chance you will play a regional mirror of FLopen at a later date.

Fees
This tournament will cost $90 per team. Payment by Venmo is preferred, but if that is not possible please let me know and another form of payment can be arranged.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any further questions. We look forward to seeing you all virtually on January 16th, 2021!
Last edited by JohnN on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Nienajadlo
ACF Treasurer 2023-2024, ACF Site Coordinator 2022-2023
University of Florida MAcc Taxation '24
Alkres
Lulu

Re: FLopen 2020 Open Second Site @ Discord (1/16/21)

Post by Alkres »

I am interested in playing this and looking to join a team.
Alan Kreisel. FSCJ.
JohnN
Lulu

Post by JohnN »

Just a reminder to everyone as we get closer to the tournament that a member of your team must email me in order to completely register your team, and as soon as I have received an email I will mark your team as officially registered on the formation spreadsheet. Thanks, and hope to see everyone in a couple weeks!
John Nienajadlo
Alkres
Lulu

Post by Alkres »

Do we know a start time for this?
Alan Kreisel. FSCJ.
JohnN
Lulu

Post by JohnN »

We could use a few more staffers to help lighten the load on Saturday (1/16), so if you're interested please email me at [email protected]. We aim to start this tournament at 10AM eastern time on Saturday, and I should be sending out logistics emails to staffers and players Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
John Nienajadlo
JohnN
Lulu

Post by JohnN »

Stats have been posted for the tournament and can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6703/
Thanks everyone for a fantastic tournament!
John Nienajadlo