Program for Sotheby's

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Program for Sotheby's

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Not quite sure if this is permitted under board rules, I'm sure mods will remove if it's not. I'd preferred to have posted for this in the College section, but I couldn't find an Off Topic board in there, so using this board for now.

===

Sotheby's is hiring Senior Software Engineers! (Did you even know Sotheby's had programmers?) Since there's a lot of humanities x tech crossover in Quizbowl, I figured this would be a good place to reach out; my interest in art is why I personally interviewed for and accepted a position at Sotheby's.

Sotheby's is increasingly innovating its tech stack and is looking for experienced and excited programmers. You can review these job positions for a Senior Full Stack engineer and a Senior Backend engineer and see if the position might be right for you.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions, or would like to apply and want to make sure your candidacy gets an in-depth look!

It's been an exciting time at Sotheby's and we're doing a lot of fast-moving work in the art world, so now's a great time to join! Hopefully I can expect to see you in our team soon :)
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Program for Sotheby's

Post by Susan »

This sounds like an awesome opportunity, Raynor! Would it be OK to share this with colleagues (a couple of friends who teach and advise liberal arts college students, many of whom are also interested in the intersection of art and tech)?
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Susan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:31 am This sounds like an awesome opportunity, Raynor! Would it be OK to share this with colleagues (a couple of friends who teach and advise liberal arts college students, many of whom are also interested in the intersection of art and tech)?
Yes! If they're especially curious, feel free to pass along my contact info as well! (I get a referral bonus if anyone is hired, as well :P ).
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

I also want to make an emendation that although we are prioritizing senior roles at the moment, we will also accept junior opportunities that are sufficiently promising. If you feel that might apply to you, feel free to inquire with either me or the linked job postings!
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM