Kentucky 2006-2007

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
FCPanther
Wakka

Kentucky 2006-2007

Post by FCPanther »

Who can we expect to have a strong showing in Kentucky in 06-07. I know we can count on the usual suspects, but who are some teams that may not get as much coverage that can be a factor, and who do you expect to win each region?
Kent Grannis--Fleming County High School Academic Coach
pakman044
Rikku

Post by pakman044 »

This thread should be moved to the Comparisons forum (rather than be in the Regular Season Tournaments section).

Thank you for moving the thread.

Patrick King
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Kentucky is generally set in terms of solid teams. There are always a few teams that do well in random tournaments, but unless someone has a stellar freshman, I do not see a dark horse.
Manyo2
Lulu

Post by Manyo2 »

I'd tend to agree with Papa as far as that. The closest thing to a "dark horse" would probably be Ballard, since they were decent and they returned most of their team. That said, they'll be more of a threat to knock someone off in Gov Cup than do well at an NAQT tourney.

In terms of the "Usual Suspects" I see Dunbar, Johnson Central, and Danville being the top dogs next year. Manual will take a bit of a step back I think, and Russell and MadNoHo will both really be hurting next year relative to where they have been lately.
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

Manyo2 wrote:In terms of the "Usual Suspects" I see Dunbar, Johnson Central, and Danville being the top dogs next year.
I think Pikeville only graduated one senior and he wasn't one of the aces to the team. They have two seniors and a junior that serve as the core of the team for the upcoming season. I'd expect them to do fairly well next year. Maybe one of the top 5 teams in the state.
Manyo2 wrote:Manual will take a bit of a step back I think, and Russell and MadNoHo will both really be hurting next year relative to where they have been lately.
Yeah, I heard that Russell graduated a few seniors. Actually, I think a couple of them have decided to attend Georgetown (the College that is). They supposedly had it down to Georgetown College and Harvard and they took Gtown. Yeah, I know. Go figure. I'll be looking forward to their companionship on the team next year.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
Currently vagabonding in other countries
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Actually, Danville's coach Mr. Knupp, formerly of Dunbar JV, is heading to Russell for next year. While they cannot be as strong without Brandon Fyffe, Knupp is a great coach, and he will have them in shape for next year.
FCPanther
Wakka

Matt Knupp at Russell?

Post by FCPanther »

Wow!! Do I understand correctly that Matt Knupp is leaving Danville for Russell?

What does that mean for Danville's quick recall tournament, and more importantly what will that mean for their varsity quick recall program? I know they have quality people returning, but who will captain the ship?

I know also that with The Colonel's retirement and a couple of graduations some thought Russell may be down but I don't see that happening if what you say is true. That's not to say that Russell would be weak otherwise. Having seen both of those teams at our tournament (Fleming County) and at other events (JV Challenge, Derby, and Gov. Cup) both programs are among the best in the state.
quizme
Kimahri

Re: Matt Knupp at Russell?

Post by quizme »

FCPanther wrote:Wow!! Do I understand correctly that Matt Knupp is leaving Danville for Russell?

What does that mean for Danville's quick recall tournament, and more importantly what will that mean for their varsity quick recall program? I know they have quality people returning, but who will captain the ship?

If you look on the tournaments board, it is now quite apparent what this means for their quick recall tournament :smile: ...It is now being held at Russell.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Kentucky has a very skewed idea of good quiz bowl. Continuing with my unqualified ranting: if you took JV Challenge, Derby, or GovCup to, say, Virginia or Maryland, it would immediately be reduced to nothingness because of its:
1)Lack of Quality Questions
2)Format-TU/BB
3)Long Matches
4)Rules about giving adjective forms for nouns or vice versa (We got shafted on that one several times in one match)
5)General Crappiness

Now that I'm done with that, if you were to rate teams based on that style of questions, you would see far different rankings than if you rated based upon pyramidal questions. In speed the top 5-Russell, Johnson, Pikeville, Manual, MadNoHo. It is quite possible that I forgot some teams, please feel free to bash those standings.
In pyramidal the top 5 would be more along the lines of: Manual, Danville, Russell, MadNoHo, Henry Clay.

I have not included Dunbar (My school) in the above rankings, but we would do much better in pyramidal than speed.
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

i've always taken into account the difference in styles as, i think, most people tend to do when thinking about KY teams.

for governor's cup this upcoming season, the plan is to make the questions more pyramidal. don't expect any three- or four-sentence clues, but look for lesser-known information then easier clues. this is actually a big transition for KAAC. who knows? next, the organization might work the questions down to 50 or 60 per match and have longer, more info-filled questions. i'd really like to get an email from John Bennett with that kind of news one day.

on a similar note, i think the reason why KAAC tends to stick with the quick recall format is because it can get pretty intense. while i like the ACF style more than any other format, the quick recall format tends to impress onlookers, especially parents, much more when they see the kids answering questions after just four or five words. it also provides for a fast-paced game which to many people is fun to watch.

i may try to attend some invitational tournaments this upcoming season and get an idea of what teams are going to be outstanding for the 06-07 season. i was extremely out of the loop last season. i was sort of surprised to see that Madisonville-North Hopkins made such an impression around the state last year. they were always third-tier when i was playing in high school. kudos to them.

i think that's all i have for now.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Post by mentalchocolate »

[quote=ericblair]
on a similar note, i think the reason why KAAC tends to stick with the quick recall format is because it can get pretty intense. while i like the ACF style more than any other format, the quick recall format tends to impress onlookers, especially parents, much more when they see the kids answering questions after just four or five words. it also provides for a fast-paced game which to many people is fun to watch.
[/quote]
With Ashland Oil sponsoring Govenor's Cup and using it as PR it will be slow to change. Maybe if enough players send some input to Mr. Bennett this transition will accelerate. His email is jbennett at kaac dot com. I'm going to send him an email.
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

I'm not convinced that the Ashland sponsorship of the events affect the format that much. I mean, I doubt there are too many people that work for Ashland who know the ins and outs of the game. It seems reasonable that they would just leave it up to those who know the game. I think it's just that very few people have said anything about the format. It has been the norm for twenty years now. Having students and coaches emailing John suggestions about how the current format would be changed. I think that is the best way to go about getting it changed. I've expressed my opinion somewhat to him by showing gratitude for the recent change towards a more pyramidal question style. I've alway tried to write questions that way, and now I'm glad that the other writers are forced to do the same thing.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Therein lies the problem. The majority of teams do not want to change to quiz bowl, because their strength lies in quick recall. If Dunbar, Manual, and the other handful of quiz bowl teams push for a change, the quick recall teams will get upset. Is there a solution besides moving our school to Virginia?
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

My suggestion is to campaign to other KY teams. Approach them with the idea. Present an argument and try to convince them if they are indeed against it. Then gather the forces and approach KAAC. There are several good arguments that one can use: it would better reward knowledge, it would better prepare KY teams for Panasonic as well as other national tournaments, and it would also help question writers because they could write fewer questions and not always have to get so obscure about what they write about. I always disliked writing high school questions about Patagonian Giants. I feel that that is something better for a collegiate level.

I'm sure there are other good arguments as well. Think of them and do it if you are truly concerned about it.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
Daniel_from_Manual
Kimahri

Post by Daniel_from_Manual »

Manyo2 wrote: Manual will take a bit of a step back I think, and Russell and MadNoHo will both really be hurting next year relative to where they have been lately.
Ouch Jack!

The team is in good hands with me and Nathan, and we're going to help Torrence get up to fighting shape. Plus, we may have a surprise in store with what Junior we decide to bring on to balance things out. We did well at ACE (not as well as we would've liked, but defintely close enough), and I think we're going to be more potent than you may think...

Judging by ACE though, KY will be a beastly state next year. Kevin Cantrell from Johnson is amazing... he's a definite force and will propel that team really high. Danville seems really strong and balanced as well.
Manyo2
Lulu

Post by Manyo2 »

You gotta find a coach first Daniel, and finding one who will travel, practice, and work like OB did, and McAdams before him, won't be easy. If you juniors show the initiative to get better, you have the tools no doubt. You just have to want it badly enough.

Also, on the format debate, I tend to agree with Papa that not enough teams have an interest in changing. I would say, and this is totally conjecture, that at most 10 teams would favor pyramidal quiz bowl over what we have now, simply because the current system greatly conceals the actual distance in quality between teams.

Finally, I don't know if this is news to anybody or not, but in case it is: I work for the woman who runs academic competitions in Louisville for JCPS. She told me that the plan now is for the State Champion to go to NAQT, and an all-star team to go to Panasonic. This was just as of a couple days ago.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Disclaimer: I despise speed questions, and play them as a necessity, not a choice. Please do not let my feelings on the subject twist your opinion to the format more than necessary. I am, quite possibly, horribly wrong in my judgement of the worth of Quick Recall.

Jack, with all due respect, the idea for the GovCup QR champion to be the only team Kentucky sends to NAQT is stupid. I mean, sending a team that can do well at speed, and not sending anybody else, seems pointless, Kentucky will almost certainly get crushed. I sincerely hope I am mistaking the situation, and that the state will automatically send the GovCup champion and other teams can still qualify in the usual ways.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

In my haste, I forgot to respond to the bit about Manual above, please admins, combine.

Daniel, I have seen you guys play, and while as of last year you were no match for a Jack and Yilei, you could very well be a match this year. Last year atleast, I saw a lot of parallels between our A team/B team combination and your A team/B team combination, and it was interesting how things went down at NAQT states. That said, I really hope you find a coach, because there is potential on that team, and everyone would hate for it to go to waste. I haven't seen you guys in a while now, but judging from your effort at NAQT you have a bit of a ways to go. Best of luck,
Papa
Manyo2
Lulu

Post by Manyo2 »

Sorry about that Papa. What I meant was that the state will pay to send the champion to NAQT, with any other teams that quailfy still being able to attend as well. Should have phrased that a little better.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Sounds a lot less stupid now. Thanks for the clarification, Jack.
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

i've always supported a KY allstar team. i think KY teams would be able to compete better at Panasonic with such a team. the KAAC sponsoring of the quick recall winners at NAQT nationals isn't a bad idea either, although i prefer PACE. i'm glad to see that the tradition is changing (maybe).
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
FCPanther
Wakka

Post by FCPanther »

Like many of you I support the idea of sending an all star team to Panasonic if that's the way other states play it then we should too. I also think that the decision to pay for the Gov. Cup champ to attend NAQT, while leaving it open to other qualifiers is a good move, but here are my questions (or concerns).

How will the aforementioned all star team be chosen? Who will do the choosing? Will the team be selected based on Governor's Cup performance? Will it be based on coaches' recommendations or nominations? Will it be selected by the KAAC Board or by the person charged with coaching the team? Will there be a tryout or just a selection process? How many people will make up the team?

Any ideas?
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

I don't know how they would go about it, but I think a tryout would be best. Perhaps send an invite out to some of the best performers in the Governor's Cup competitions and then see how they do with the PAC style tryouts. This would eleminate those players who are only good at speed and with little knowledge.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
FCPanther
Wakka

Post by FCPanther »

I agree with some type of tryout program...what I would propose is that coaches get together at regional GC and "nominate" 4 (just a random number I pulled from a hat, could be more or less)players to go to a tryout held at the same time as state GC. Those players could then go through some type of tryout held by the person(s) that would coach the team.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

FCPanther:
There are some regions much stronger in depth than speed. Limiting every division to only 4 players doesn't sound very fair. Just my two cents...
FCPanther
Wakka

Post by FCPanther »

You're right some regions traditionally are stronger and have greater depth. I pulled my suggestion of 4 out of thin air. I just used that number as a random starting point because I have no idea how many members the team will have.

Certainly Kentucky would want to send the strongest possible team and if that means that the entire makeup cames from one or two regions so be it. I'm just trying to think of a way to give the strongest players from some of those regions that may be a little more talent thin a shot to earn a spot. To me it's imperitive that for this to be a true allstar team made up of Kentucky's best we need an objective way to select the team. Should it be some type of tryout, and if so who would be invited?

Any suggestions?
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

FCPanther: Having coaches choose brings in a lot of bias. Coaches always want to see their players rise above the rest. And like the other guy said there are often a lot of good players in one region. Thus, I stand by my performance-based suggestion. It seems to reward those who are deserving. One could take the top four players in a weak region and they would only rank in maybe a top 20 in a stronger region like the Fayette County, Jefferson County, or 15th regions.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
FCPanther
Wakka

Post by FCPanther »

EricBlair: I fear you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I wholeheartedly agree that there certainly are some regions that will have more members of an allstar team because those regions tend to be stronger, that is not in question. My question is how do we objectively choose a team. Certainly Governor's Cup, since all KY schools play that format, is the logical starting place, but does the player pool come from a regional or statewide competition and how do we choose those players objectively? It seems logical to me that there should be some tryout process, especially since, as you have pointed out, some regions are deeper than others, thus some deserving players may not advance to state.

I'm trying to find a way to insure that bias does not enter into the equation. I simply suggested coaches may nominate players from their region. Beyond that how do we choose, and how many members of the team would there be? How do we arrive at a pool of players from which to choose, and then who chooses the final team membership.

Please don't think that I am trying to insure that each region has X number of representitives or anything of the like. If it is to truly be an allstar team then we should OBJECTIVELY select the best 5,6,7,8 or whatever number of players possible.

So we're back to my original query, how do we objectively arrive at a pool of players from which to choose, and then how to we select them? Do we simply keep track of high scorers in Gov. Cup quick recall? Do we base it on written tests? Do we require that players be nominated by someone other than their coach? And then who makes the final cut?

I'm all for an allstar team. It just seems to be that these are logistical questions that should be addressed.

ideas?
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

I was just thinking that maybe taking the PPG throughout district, region, and state would be good, but then I started thinking about the good players who actually have teammates that are also good players. Say that if you took four from each region, two of those players may come from teams where they are the only one answering questions. At the same time there could be equally good players from other teams who aren't putting up the points just because they have teammates who are buzzing them out and answering questions. I know that if I didn't have talented teammates by my side I would have been answering at least 25 tossups per match instead of the 15 or so I averaged.

Let me think about this some more and maybe something will pop into my mind. As for now it's nearly 4 AM and I'm beat.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
FCPanther
Wakka

Post by FCPanther »

I'd had the same thought about ppg from district through state, and realized the same problem...a deeper team could be detrimental if it's all based simply on scoring. It still seems that some type of tryout may be the best way to go, but I don't like the idea of a solo tournament to build a team. There's got to be a better way.
Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh »

I don't like being the token Illinois person barging in and saying how we do it, but it might help you.

The way we name our Panasonic team is through a tryout. Players are nominated by their coaches, and I don't think there's a limit on how many players can be nominated by a coach. The tryout is not boundaried by regions. Possibly the best facet of our tryout is the subject round, where players decide which of three subjects (we do math/sci, lit/fine arts, and social studies, and I strongly suggest splitting into five subjects if you've got the players there to be able to do that) they are strong in, and all those players play at once on a set of questions. The judges at the end factor this into their considerations when they make their balanced team.

Our tryout isn't the greatest system, and because coaches decide the team after the tryout, it leaves considerable room for bias, like you've said. Still, I'd say it doesn't work too badly.
STPickrell
Auron

Post by STPickrell »

In Virginia, the "best team" organizes practices and selects people from other schools to supplement them. IMO, this combines the positive effects of having team chemistry and the sheer level of talent that can be on an all-star team.

"Best team," unfortunately, is something that can be a bit arbitrary.

As a sufficiently neutral and official-looking party, I have managed to obtain the rights to designate someone else as the contact for Panasonic in late February.

Next year I could see some degree of evenness, making any choice even harder.
J C Bennett
Lulu

Post by J C Bennett »

Now that the cat's out of the bag, might as well jump in.

We are considering many of the ideas you guys have thrown out there. Two things we know at this point: (1) there will be a nomination process, and (2) there will not be any geographic mandates. We're looking at how other states select their teams. One thing we're considering (as one factor, not the final say) is an online coach poll through A.S.A.P., with a mechanism to prevent multiple voting.

Performance at invitational tourneys and at District/Regional/State will factor into the equation somewhat, but there will be other factors involved. We will have an open tryout at State Finals, assuming we can find the meeting space.

As some of the out-of-state posters stated on this thread, there are inherent flaws in just about any selection process. My goal will be to make it as objective as possible and keep personalities/biases etc. out of it.

One other thing that's set in stone is that the members of Team KY have to be willing to give up some time prior to the event in order to practice the Panasonic format.

I'm excited about it. I've always wondered whether or not an all-star team would improve our performance at PAC--now we'll get to find out.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

I'm definitely not new to the quiz bowl circuit, however I am new to this forum.

I have a good idea about the major contendors for Kentucky this year.

Tops on this list include:

--P.L. Dunbar
--DuPont
--Johnson Central
--Danville
--Madisonville North Hopkins
--Russell (As Knupp is a wonderful coach, they will do great, I'm sure.)

Perhaps, that wasn't a list in a certain order, but those are my choices... I could be wrong.

Kentucky is a great quiz bowl state, no one can deny that.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

EricLeMaster wrote:I'm definitely not new to the quiz bowl circuit, however I am new to this forum.

I have a good idea about the major contendors for Kentucky this year.

Tops on this list include:

--P.L. Dunbar
--DuPont
--Johnson Central
--Danville
--Madisonville North Hopkins
--Russell (As Knupp is a wonderful coach, they will do great, I'm sure.)

Perhaps, that wasn't a list in a certain order, but those are my choices... I could be wrong.

Kentucky is a great quiz bowl state, no one can deny that.
Note: I didn't include JCHS to toot my own horn... it's just the truth. We have a really good team. Kevin is amazing and the rest of the team has a great balance in different areas.
J C Bennett
Lulu

Post by J C Bennett »

I probably should have pointed out in my original post that we are still awaiting official word from NAQT regarding their acceptance of our Governor's Cup state champion team.

One other thing we're looking at is to find a way to increase the number of matches teams get at State. What we're considering is a round-robin preliminary leading to an elimination bracket. It all depends on whether or not we have the meeting space and time to do it. I'd like to, because one-and-out is a pretty tough deal for some teams.
ericblair
Wakka

Post by ericblair »

J C Bennett wrote: because one-and-out is a pretty tough deal for some teams.
no doubt about that one. my senior year we just so happened to play Russell in the first round and were defeated by the eventual state champs. we found out later that we gave them their best match of the whole day. giving teams a guaranteed number of matches would certainly be great and make the trip worthwhile and provide deserving teams with more playing experience.
Eric Blair
Pikeville '04
Georgetown College '08
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

With a coach nomination program, don't you run into the problem of perspective? That is, some coaches state that they have great players, but in relation to other teams, they aren't that good.

Ideas for the PAC all-state team?
Daniel_from_Manual
Kimahri

Post by Daniel_from_Manual »

An update for those interested in the Manual-doesn't-have-a-coach situation -

My understanding is that we have a coach who is experienced with the "minor league" JCPS governor's cup and such. So, we have a coach... I just don't know if they're any good. All I know is that both Nathan and I were a bit disappointed with our places in the Finals at ACE, and we're more than motivated.

Any experienced coach want the job at Manual? Please, call our principal!
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

Daniel_from_Manual wrote:An update for those interested in the Manual-doesn't-have-a-coach situation -

My understanding is that we have a coach who is experienced with the "minor league" JCPS governor's cup and such. So, we have a coach... I just don't know if they're any good. All I know is that both Nathan and I were a bit disappointed with our places in the Finals at ACE, and we're more than motivated.

Any experienced coach want the job at Manual? Please, call our principal!
It's great to see you have a coach. You all are a great team. See you in whatever tournaments we meet! :)
The Answer
Lulu

Post by The Answer »

im kind of upset i didnt get to go to ACE this year i placed 5th in literature last year and i hoped to place higher this year oh well im hoping to do just do well im my senior year and help manual's team have as much success as in previous years.
Rick_Carr
Kimahri

Single A State Championsip

Post by Rick_Carr »

Does anyone know who the top teams should be in the All A Championship this year? (beyond Danville and Pikeville)
    EricLeMaster
    Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

So... long time since discussion...

What's going on with other Kentucky teams?

Johnson Central has continued to do well in the tournaments they've been in thus far...

How's everyone else doing?
    Byko
    Yuna

Post by Byko »

I'm wondering who Eastern High School is and where they came from--to see them making two playoffs (including one quarterfinal) in good Kentucky tournaments already this year has me wanting to know more about them.

I'm also waiting to see a little more out of Dunbar. Good to see Russell getting more playoff placements in tournaments this year, though.
    brownboy79
    Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Dunbar has not had an excellent year so far. We finished in the final four at Ezell Harding, losing to Dorman. And then at Walton, we had horrible prelims, and lost in the second round of the playoffs, in what our coach called 'the worst game ever.' It was awesome.
    mentalchocolate
    Wakka

Post by mentalchocolate »

Eastern is a pretty descent team. Out of the KY teams I have seen so far, I would have to say Johnson Central was the strongest and in a close second Madisionville North-Hopkins. I havn't seen Manual or Dunbar. Anybody have info on NAQT states this year?
    Rick_Carr
    Kimahri

any new thoughts on teams in kentucky?

Post by Rick_Carr »

Any new thoughts on teams in Kentukcy? Did any JV Challenge regions go in an unsuspected way. Also, was anybody surprised that Pikeville finished 3rd in their region in quick recall? Losing to Johnson Central isn't bad, and neither is losing to Pike, but I thought they would finish ahead of Pike.
    EricLeMaster
    Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

I'm not surprised Pikeville lost to PCCHS... they've done better in the EKAC league this year.
    Red_Shift
    Lulu

Post by Red_Shift »

I've got a few updates for all who were wondering.

Dunbar has looked impressive when they have had their full complement
    of players. Papa is quite simply the fastest player in the state in terms of
    social studies this year. They had a great showing against us (Russell) at
    Vandy with what I believe to be all their starters.

When we've seen Danville, they have been impressive, but they've been
    reclusive for a majority of the season. I don't remember seeing them
    since Ezel-Harding, where they came in second. Still, I believe they have
    to be one of the favorites going into state QR.

Madisonville - North Hopkins has also impressed early in the season. Ben
    is a very versatile player who is can be quick on the buzzer. They have
    had some solid wins this season (most notably to Johnson Central at the
    Hart County Invitational) and have played us close both times we have
    seen them.

Johnson Central has also been very solid early in the year. They played
    well at Vandy, Ezel-Harding, and had a tough semi-final match against
    Mad. No. Hop. in the semi-finals at Hart County. Bobby is more than
    capable of dominating a match, and the entire JC squad will have the
    ability to accomplish a great deal during the season.

Dupont Manual has been a little down this year, seemingly because of a
    lack of support from the school system. They have yet to my knowing to
    have had a real solid outing, but I would not count them out completely
    at all. Further, between now and March there is a great deal of time to
    improve.

Other teams I can recall quickly:
    Central Hardin - very streaky and capable of knocking off good teams
    Simon Kenton - I believe they beat us at the Central Hardin Tourny; a
    group I wouldn't want to face again when things start becoming important.
    Pike County Central - I hear they have matches in which they are very
    fast, but I have yet to see them myself
    Russell (my team) - BIG win last weekend at Hart County. Lots of work to
    do to be elite this year, but I think we can get there through with lots of
    effort (ie not posting on message boards all day :wink: ). It helps that football
    season is ending as one of our starters plays on the football team.

Teams I haven't seen or heard much about:
    Pikeville
    Any team in NKY
    ericblair
    Wakka

Post by ericblair »

I can maybe provide a little insight on the Pikeville team. At the Brookwood tournament in Georgia they placed third after the preliminaries, but were defeated in the Round of 16 in the tournament. I haven't seen them play this year, but when I saw this group of kids play together two or three years ago they seemed did very well.
    Eric Blair
    Pikeville '04
    Georgetown College '08