Terrapin Open Online Mirror Poll

Old college threads.

What days would you be available to play an online mirror of Terrapin Open?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:09 am

March 22nd
14%
March 28th
17%
March 29th
14%
April 4th
14%
April 5th
14%
April 11th
14%
April 12th
13%

Total votes: 115

Noble Rot
Lulu

Terrapin Open Online Mirror Poll

Post by Noble Rot »

Due to the cancellations of on-site mirrors, we will be hosting an online mirror of Terrapin Open. Set details can be found here. I've set up a poll to determine the best day to hold the mirror - please select all days that you would be available to play or staff the online mirror. The poll ends next Tuesday night.
Alex Echikson
Richard Montgomery '16, University of Maryland '20
Noble Rot
Lulu

Re: Terrapin Open Online Mirror Poll

Post by Noble Rot »

So it looks like the 28th was the winning date. The TO team have been discussing how best to run the mirror. Given the length entailed by a Nats- set, plus a discord mirror, would people still be interested in playing and staffing if we had to split the mirror over multiple days? (i.e. the first 7-9 rounds on the 28th, with the remaining rounds being played on the 29th.)
Alex Echikson
Smuttynose Island
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Smuttynose Island »

Noble Rot wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:55 pm So it looks like the 28th was the winning date. The TO team have been discussing how best to run the mirror. Given the length entailed by a Nats- set, plus a discord mirror, would people still be interested in playing and staffing if we had to split the mirror over multiple days? (i.e. the first 7-9 rounds on the 28th, with the remaining rounds being played on the 29th.)
I'm up for whatever leads to the most quizbowl being played. Based on last year's online PIANO mirror, 9 rounds in a day seems like a reasonable upper limit. Depending upon how consistent moderators are on enforcing bonus timing, you could even push to 10 rounds.
Daniel Hothem
TJHSST '11 | UVA '15 | Oregon '??
"You are the stuff of legends" - Chris Manners
https://sites.google.com/site/academicc ... ubuva/home
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Noble Rot wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:55 pm So it looks like the 28th was the winning date. The TO team have been discussing how best to run the mirror. Given the length entailed by a Nats- set, plus a discord mirror, would people still be interested in playing and staffing if we had to split the mirror over multiple days? (i.e. the first 7-9 rounds on the 28th, with the remaining rounds being played on the 29th.)
I'm alright with either and would contribute to paying moderators for either day. I appreciate you guys doing this.

Also, can we have a team-sign up sheet? I might have missed it if it's already been posted somewhere.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
Noble Rot
Lulu

Post by Noble Rot »

Progcon wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:56 pm
Also, can we have a team-sign up sheet? I might have missed it if it's already been posted somewhere.
Edit: The announcement for the discord mirror is now up and can be found here.
Alex Echikson