Terrapin Open @ Brown (2/29)

Old college threads.
Abdon Ubidia
Wakka

Terrapin Open @ Brown (2/29)

Post by Abdon Ubidia »

I am happy to announce a mirror of Terrapin Open at Brown University on February 29th, 2020.

Question Set
We will be using the Terrapin Open set, a Nats-minus tournament mainly written by the members of the University of Maryland club. For more information on the set, you can look at the global announcement here.

Registration and Eligibility
This is an open tournament, so everyone is eligible to play, regardless of any current affiliation. The field will be capped at 10 teams. To demonstrate interest and form teams please use this sheet. Your team is not officially registered until you email me at anson_berns AT brown DOT edu with your roster and how many buzzers and staffers you intend to bring.

Logistics
The tournament will take place at Smith-Buonnano Hall. A campus map is available here. Please arrive by 8:45 A.M. so that games can begin around 9:00.

Payment
Teams can pay either with cash or with check made payable to "Anson Berns." Registration fees for this tournament are:
  • Base fee of $135 for each team
  • -$20 for each team-provided staffer (preferably familiar with advanced stats) + laptop
  • -$15 for each team-provided buzzer set
  • Minimum fee: $80
Field (10/10)
Columbia A
Columbia B
Chicago A
Chicago B
Yale A
Yale B+
MIT
South Harmon A
Harvard A
Harvard B
Last edited by Abdon Ubidia on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anson Berns
Montgomery Blair '19
Brown '23
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Re: Terrapin Open @ Brown (2/29)

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

Could we get a field update? Just curious because "Chicago B" is listed on the Purdue site now. Thanks!
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
Abdon Ubidia
Wakka

Post by Abdon Ubidia »

Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:27 pm Could we get a field update? Just curious because "Chicago B" is listed on the Purdue site now. Thanks!
The 10 teams listed on the google sheet have all registered with me, including a "Chicago B" team consisting of Alston Boyd, Ben Miller, Grant Li, and Tim Morrison. I've updated the original post accordingly.
Anson Berns
Montgomery Blair '19
Brown '23
Abdon Ubidia
Wakka

Post by Abdon Ubidia »

Just to make sure everyone knows this: teams should be at Room 201 of Smith-Buonnano Hall at 9:00 A.M. tomorrow.
Anson Berns
Montgomery Blair '19
Brown '23
zxc
Lulu

Post by zxc »

Walter Zhang
Vestavia Hills 19
Brown 23, 23
Abdon Ubidia
Wakka

Post by Abdon Ubidia »

Congratulations to Columbia A for defeating Chicago C+ in the first game of an advantaged final to win the tournament. Stats are already posted. I’d like to once again thank everyone that came and helped staff. Hopefully the tournament was enjoyable to everyone and I hope Brown can become a more regular host for the circuit.
Anson Berns
Montgomery Blair '19
Brown '23
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

ansonberns wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:07 pm Congratulations to Columbia A for defeating Chicago C+ in the first game of an advantaged final to win the tournament. Stats are already posted. I’d like to once again thank everyone that came and helped staff. Hopefully the tournament was enjoyable to everyone and I hope Brown can become a more regular host for the circuit.
Brown did a superb job hosting this tournament. The full event, aside from finals, wrapped up around 6PM. This is an impressive accomplishment.
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21