IESA Style Set Available

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Stained Diviner
Auron

IESA Style Set Available

Post by Stained Diviner »

I am producing an IESA Style Set. A sample round is attached.

This set will be 15 rounds. The distribution is:
Science 5/4
Math with some Computers 5/4
Social Studies (including History) 5/4
Language Arts (including Literature) 5/4
Fine Arts 2/2
Miscellaneous 2/2
Total 24/20 + 1 extra tossup

In addition to the distribution being unusual, the bonuses are each four parts meant to be all at once, with teams given 30 seconds to confer. The math tossups are split somewhat evenly between computational and not computational, while the math bonuses are mostly but not entirely computational.

It is being written by Pavithr Goli, Mike Laudermith, and me. We currently have drafts of 314/192 out of 375/300, so it is 75% drafted. The whole set will be ready to go by the end of September.

If you are interested in either using this set or converting it into a regular set, please contact me. If you convert it, you can have 50% of the revenue generated, and you can use it anywhere except Illinois. It will take a fair amount of effort to convert because every bonus will need to be changed, and there will be distributional issues that require new questions. If you want to know the price or the subdistributions, contact me.
Attachments
Reinstein IESA Sample Round.pdf
(242.76 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
the return of AHAN
Auron

Re: IESA Style Set Available

Post by the return of AHAN »

Sample set was distributed to the AD's at the most recent Suburban Middle School Conference meeting. They are to take the sets to their coaches and decide if they'd like to switch providers. Hoping for the best...
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stained Diviner
Auron

Thanks! I have two other conferences that are basically in, and a few others are going to decide in the next month or two. Many of them don't play matches until January.

The questions are done. I am going to give them another read-through to see if I catch something, and I might update Current Events questions at some point, but the set could be played now.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

May I ask which other conferences?

(EDIT: Hoping I can tout the adoption of Reinstein Quizbowl by other conferences in an effort to promote a bandwagon effect)
Last edited by the return of AHAN on Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stained Diviner
Auron

I'll message you. I don't want to announce them publicly because they could still back out if they wanted to, and I don't want to make it seem like they are endorsing me before they have used the questions, but I am pretty sure they are in.
David Reinstein
Stained Diviner
Auron

This set is now complete and has been shipped to its first customer.
David Reinstein
Bloomington
Lulu

Post by Bloomington »

I love this!

This covers my teams abilities exactly, I showed a few of my teammates it today and if we played on it, I think we would do pretty well.

Try to see if the Metcalf tournament would run this.
Soren Gjesfjeld

Bloomington ‘24
Writer for IESA State Series
Stained Diviner
Auron

I am marketing them to conferences rather than tournaments. My customers so far are Alphonsus Academy, AlWood, Armstrong-Ellis, Athens, Carthage, Chester-East Lincoln, Dee-Mack, Flanagan, Frances Xavier, Franklin, Gifford, Greenville, Kewanee Central, Martino, Milton Pope, Nettle Creek, Odell, Quest, Quincy, Rochester, St. Anne, St. Anthony, St. Benedict's, St. Emily's, St. Louis Catholic, St. Malachy, St. Patrick's, St. Raymond, Sycamore, Troy, West Lincoln-Broadwell, Westview Hills, Wethersfield, Zion Lincoln, and Zion Lutheran.
David Reinstein