SuMO V - Florida Mirror - July 6th

Old college threads.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

SuMO V - Florida Mirror - July 6th

Post by bradleykirksey »

Hey guys!

It's that time of year again. We're holding a site of SuMO in Orlando, at UCF, on July the 6th. It'll be at UCF, we're going to aim to start at 9:30.

Like usual for SuMO, you sign up in pairs, and you'll be randomly matched up the night before or the morning of. Pairs are $50 each, but half of the prize money goes back to prizes for the top performing teams. Exact splits will be determined based on the final number of teams, but should be announced a few days in advance.

Sign up by PM'ing me, emailing me at Bradleykirksey [at] yahoo.com, or sending me a Facebook message.

Thanks, hopefully see you there!
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Re: SuMO V - Florida Mirror - July 6th

Post by bradleykirksey »

So, depending on a few people trying to get standby flights, and a few people who aren't responded to texts, we're looking to have either 7 or 8 teams (Or 14-16 pairs). Obviously, we're aiming for 8, because byes are gross.

We're looking to kick-off at 9 AM, and we're meeting at HPA 1 107. HPA 1 is close to BA 2. While I plan to try to be there as much as I can, because of a school engagement I cannot get out of, Cody Johansen is TDing, with set-editor Mickey Sizemore resolving protests.

The prize payout is 50% of the prize pool to first, 35% for second, and 15% for third.

Hopefully I'll see you all there!
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)