NSC 2019 All-Star Game

Old college threads.

What time would you be interested and able to hear the NSC 2019 All-Star Game packet?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Wednesday, June 12, 7 PM Central
44%
Wednesday, June 12, 9:30 PM Central
50%
I am very interested and neither of those times work for me
6%

Total votes: 18

Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

NSC 2019 All-Star Game

Post by Aaron's Rod »

I would like to do a reading of the NSC 2019 All-Star Game packet on Discord. The All-Star Game was generously sponsored by Ian Drayer.

Please vote in the poll for the most optimal time. The poll should be up for 24 hours, so check back tomorrow. I would be happy to read this again on a different date, if there's a critical mass of people who are interested but can't make those dates. (There are too many gosh-darned sports finals happening right now, and I want to spend time with my loved ones on the weekend, if they still remember who I am.)

I will be reading using a voice channel. There are 19 questions, a small number of which are action questions. We're still going to play those, and you can do your best to describe what you're doing. I don't expect this to take more than about 20 minutes.

The ASG was already livestreamed and posted, so don't cheat, that would be dumb.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Maths Wizard (Tau is King!)
Lulu

Re: NSC 2019 All-Star Game

Post by Maths Wizard (Tau is King!) »

Question: if someone attended the all-star game but wanted to "come to" the discord to listen, say, just to see how other people do on the packet and because it was a good time, would that be allowed?
Last edited by Maths Wizard (Tau is King!) on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomás Aguilar-Fraga (he/they)
St. Joseph High School '19
Harvey Mudd College (Claremont Colleges) '23
Wartortullian
Rikku

Post by Wartortullian »

Maths Wizard (Tau is King!) wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm Question: if someone attended the all-star game but wanted to "come to" the discord to listen, say, just to see how other people do on the pack and because it was a good time, would that be allowed?
As a mod of the QB discord: stuff like this is totally fine!
Matt
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Auron

Post by Good Goblin Housekeeping »

A Very Long Math Tossup wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Maths Wizard (Tau is King!) wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 pm Question: if someone attended the all-star game but wanted to "come to" the discord to listen, say, just to see how other people do on the pack and because it was a good time, would that be allowed?
on the other hand calling it a pack is not!
Andrew Wang
Illinois 2016
Aaron's Rod

Post by Aaron's Rod »

A Very Long Math Tossup wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 pm
Yeah, as far as I know this is always okay for open packet readings as long as you don't spoil anything; e.g. I enjoyed hearing people read their rejected ACF Nationals questions a month or two ago. If you or anyone else has never been on the quizbowl discord before, here's an invite link. We'll be in the #packet channel; there'll be an audio channel that you'll have to connect to as well.
Alex D.
ACF

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Maths Wizard (Tau is King!)
Lulu

Post by Maths Wizard (Tau is King!) »

on the other hand calling it a pack is not!
Whoopsie
Tomás Aguilar-Fraga (he/they)
St. Joseph High School '19
Harvey Mudd College (Claremont Colleges) '23
adosreme
Rikku

Post by adosreme »

Banned Tiny Toon Adventures Episode wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:30 pm on the other hand calling it a pack is not!
Nah it's fine.
Aaron Dos Remedios
Formerly of the Waterloo School of Abstruse Canadian Inside Jokes (University of Waterloo)
Aaron's Rod

Post by Aaron's Rod »

Looks like 9:30 Central tonight is the winner. Looking forward to it!
Alex D.
ACF