Rock and Roll Hall of Shame @ SSNCT

Old college threads.
sephirothrr
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Rock and Roll Hall of Shame @ SSNCT

Post by sephirothrr »

Hello, this is an announcement for a mirror of CW Rock and Roll Hall of Shame to be held at the 2019 NAQT SSNCT on Friday, May 3rd, at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. I understand that this is relatively short notice, but hopefully everyone staffing SSNCT that wants to play will be able to.

Logistics
You can form your teams via this spreadsheet, but once you have a team please email me at sephirothrr+rrhs AT gmail DOT com to actually register. Teams and free agents alike should make sure to include your email. If there are still free agents whenever I arrive in Chicago on Friday, I reserve the right to assign you to teams as I see fit.

Payment
This event will cost $20 per player to play, which can be paid via venmo or cash. Please do not write me a check. If this seems slightly higher than the entry fee for similar events, know that it will go towards appropriately compensating staff. Speaking of...

Staff
If you are interested in staffing this tournament and will be bringing a laptop to Chicago, please sign up on the spreadsheet as well! To entice you, all staffers will be paid $40 for their assistance. In addition, I am also looking for one of the staffers to receive packets from CWRU and send them to the other readers each round so that I may instead play the tournament. This person does not need to handle any other scheduling/logistical duties, as I'll take care of those. I have received a volunteer for this role, thanks!

If you have any other questions/concerns or if I forgot to mention something obvious, feel free to post below!
Last edited by sephirothrr on Fri May 03, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ramapriya
Kentucky Quizbowl Alliance
University of Louisville
duPont Manual High School
Birdofredum Sawin wrote: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 pmIf you don't want to be regarded as a "raving lunatic," it might be advisable to rave less, or at least to do so in a less loony manner.
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Shame @ SSNCT

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

What time do you expect to start the tournament on Friday night?
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
sephirothrr

Post by sephirothrr »

This will depend on when staffer tasks are finished on Friday, with possibly a short delay to accommodate dinner.
Ramapriya
University of Louisville
Birdofredum Sawin wrote: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:52 pmIf you don't want to be regarded as a "raving lunatic," it might be advisable to rave less, or at least to do so in a less loony manner.
sephirothrr

Post by sephirothrr »

So, some updates -

Due to scrimmages, it looks like the start time is going to be 9:30 at the earliest, hopefully this doesn't pose any problems. As a result, I think we're gonna do this as tossups only, so that people can get to bed before midnight. Watch this space for updates on where to meet, which I'll also send by email to those who have contacted me that way.

Additionally, if you still want to sign up feel free - especially staffers, who I'd love to have a few more of.
For players, feel free to bring your friends and we'll find a team for everyone when we begin!
Ramapriya
University of Louisville
sephirothrr

Post by sephirothrr »

Alright, more updates -

I've closed the field at six teams, so with a five game schedule, that should actually allow us to do full tossup/bonus games. We'll meet at 9:30ish in the top level of the atrium, and figure things out from there.
Ramapriya
University of Louisville
CaptainNoBeard
Lulu

Post by CaptainNoBeard »

I can't edit anymore, but given how many players there are I'll staff.
Lev Bernstein
NYU '22
Bard High School Early College '18
Myth Player Extraordinaire
Author of Bernstein's Dope Study Materials (BDSM), An Open Packet of Ice and Fire
"The truth is far more frightening; no-one is in control, the world is rudderless." -Alan Moore
sephirothrr

Post by sephirothrr »

They're not listed on the sheet, but we actually should be okay on staff for now - I'll let you know if that changes, but I think we should be set.
Ramapriya
University of Louisville
Ndg
Rikku

Post by Ndg »

sephirothrr wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:23 pm Alright, more updates -

I've closed the field at six teams, so with a five game schedule, that should actually allow us to do full tossup/bonus games. We'll meet at 9:30ish in the top level of the atrium, and figure things out from there.
I'm definitely in favor of playing full games, given the higher-than-usual price of the tournament.
Andrew Nadig

Mannhiem Mannheim Manheim Township, 2005-11
Carnegie Mellon University, 2011-15
sephirothrr

Post by sephirothrr »

Ndg wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 pm
sephirothrr wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:23 pm Alright, more updates -

I'm definitely in favor of playing full games, given the higher-than-usual price of the tournament.
Yeah, this was definitely a consideration, I just wanted to make sure that we didn't run too late, but I suspect that with this set it shouldn't be a problem.
Ramapriya
University of Louisville
CaptainNoBeard
Lulu

Post by CaptainNoBeard »

Where should we meet for the tournament?
Lev Bernstein
NYU '22
Bard High School Early College '18
Myth Player Extraordinaire
Author of Bernstein's Dope Study Materials (BDSM), An Open Packet of Ice and Fire
"The truth is far more frightening; no-one is in control, the world is rudderless." -Alan Moore
sephirothrr

Post by sephirothrr »

Top level of the atrium, outside JFK
Ramapriya
University of Louisville