ACRONYM 12 @ HSNCT - 5/24/19

Old college threads.
InvadErGII
Rikku

ACRONYM 12 @ HSNCT - 5/24/19

Post by InvadErGII »

ACRONYM 12 will be a part of the 2019 HSNCT weekend! Like last year's event, this tournament will take place on the evening of Friday, May 24. The tournament will still be split into two divisions: high school, for all-HS teams, and an "open" division for teams composed of staffers, coaches, etc. High school teams are welcome to register for the open division if they wish. Each division is capped at 32 teams and both are expected to fill, so sign up as soon as possible if you know you want to play!

Check-in will tentatively begin at 4pm, with the opening meeting starting at 5pm and games starting by 5:15. The precise schedule is TBD, but will be scheduled to end at a reasonable time (likely 11pm) so that all participants can be well-rested for the rest of the weekend.

Registration for this tournament is open, and you can register a team here. You can view the current field here. Registration requires some sort of team and affiliation on the NAQT website, but you are free to make up an ad-hoc school/association for this purpose.

Fees will be as follows:

Base fee: $100 per team
$10 discount per working buzzer system
$20 discount per moderator
Maximum total discount: $30

This'll need a handful of staffers, so if you'd like to do that (and get paid $20 to do so), you can sign up for that here.
Erik Nelson
Director, Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl
President, Play Quiz Bowl LLC
www.bouncebackfoundation.org
InvadErGII
Rikku

Re: ACRONYM 12 @ HSNCT - 5/24/19

Post by InvadErGII »

Hey all! This is coming up fast, so if you haven't signed up yet, please do so! It won't be long before HSNCT staff assignments are sorted out, so if you want to play in this, please sign up here right away.

We also still need a whole bunch of staffers - if you've already played this set and would like to staff on Friday night, please sign up for that here.

Please note that I do NOT speak for NAQT on their staffing arrangements, They were able to honor (I think) all requests related to playing/staffing ACRONYM last year, though that may not be the case this year. In any case, I'm sure that the sooner you indicate your interest in playing or staffing, the better it is for everyone logistics-wise.
Erik Nelson
InvadErGII
Rikku

Post by InvadErGII »

Since a couple of folks have asked for something like this recently, a free agent signup sheet is available here. If you don't have a team, sign up here and get in touch with other free agents to get a team together.
Erik Nelson
InvadErGII
Rikku

Post by InvadErGII »

Registration for this event closes this Sunday! If you want to play but haven't signed up, now is the time.
Erik Nelson
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

My team (MC Gandalf) has an open spot if anybody is still looking for a team to join. You can PM me if you’re interested.

EDIT: This spot was claimed.
Last edited by Rococo A Go Go on Fri May 24, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Mexdude
Lulu

Post by Mexdude »

If anyone is still looking for a team, Canon Fodder (Open division) has one spot open. Shoot me a message if you want in.

Edit: Spot taken
Ulysses Capistran
Fenton HS 10'
UIC 13'