"stanford housewrite" @ Oklahoma (March 19, 2016)

Old college threads.
Inifinite Jest
Lulu

"stanford housewrite" @ Oklahoma (March 19, 2016)

Post by Inifinite Jest »

The University of Oklahoma will host a mirror of "stanford housewrite" on Saturday, March 19, 2016. This tournament is written by members of the Stanford University Quiz Bowl Club, with an intended difficulty level of "Nationals-minus, i.e. noticeably harder than tournaments such as ACF Regionals and Penn Bowl, but not as hard as ACF Nationals or last year’s George Oppen." Anyone can play this tournament.

Fees and Payment:
$120 base fee
$10 discount for each capable moderator with working laptop
$10 buzzer discount (current maximum of three buzzers)
$10 travel discount for every 200 miles between your school and the University of Oklahoma, as per Google Maps (for open teams, average distances for all players)

The minimum fee is $60. Please bring payment on the day of the tournament in the form of cash or a check made out to the Oklahoma Academic Team. If we deem that your moderator is not capable or your buzzers are not working, you will not receive a discount.

Logistics:
Registration will start at 8:30 and games will begin promptly at 9:00. The tournament will be held on the first floor of the Physical Science Building.

Please send me an e-mail at [email protected] with the number of teams that you intend to bring and any buzzers or staffers that you will supply.

Field (teams/buzzers/staffers):
Oklahoma (1+, 1, many)
Tracey Hickman, Ethan Wood, et al. (1, 1, 0)
Dustin Austin, Tyler Bowen, et al. (1, 0, 0)
Dan Beshear, et al. (1, 0, 0)

Free Agents:
Jimmie Carter
Last edited by Inifinite Jest on Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
Caleb
Oklahoma '18 Norman North '15
The Favourite
Wakka

Re: "stanford housewrite" @ Oklahoma (March 19, 2016)

Post by The Favourite »

I vote we play either Eyes or Christmas Present or both after this
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek 12
Redlands 14
Central Oklahoma 16
Coach, Murray State College (OK)
Former Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps
The Favourite
Wakka

Re: "stanford housewrite" @ Oklahoma (March 19, 2016)

Post by The Favourite »

So there were a lot of things that happened last minute out of Caleb's control, but this tournament ran as smooth as could be expected. We were originally supposed to have 12 people playing, and between Wednesday and today we lost four of them, plus he had a moderator call out this morning. On top of that, we had two people leave due to a work emergency after round five, so the stats are a little wonky. Overall, I think Caleb did a good job with what he had, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we had a good time!

Congrats to Caleb on the win!

Full and official stats from when everyone was there can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... ficial%29/

Stats from rounds 6 and 7 can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... s_6_and_7/

Also, we played two rounds of Christmas Present shootout style afterward, Caleb won the first round, scoring 100 points. I won the second round, scoring 75 points.
Tracey Hickman
Rock Creek 12
Redlands 14
Central Oklahoma 16
Coach, Murray State College (OK)
Former Coach, Coalgate Schools (OK)
Curriculum Director, Oklahoma Quizbowl Camps