ACF Fall 2013-North, University of St. Thomas, MN (11/2/13)

Old college threads.
katmetzger
Kimahri

ACF Fall 2013-North, University of St. Thomas, MN (11/2/13)

Post by katmetzger »

Hey Everyone,

I would like to announce that the University of St. Thomas will be hosting the ACF Fall 2013 Tournament in the North division. The tournament will be held on Saturday, November 2nd in the O'Shaughnessy Education Center (OEC).

We will be meeting in OEC 203 to go over the tournament protocol for the day, while all the rounds will be played on the second floor. Team registration goes from 9:00-9:30 AM, with the tournament officially starting at 9:30 AM, which should give people enough time to drive to campus. Lunch period will be held from 12:00 to 1:00.

Keep in mind, this is a packet-submission tournament, so please check the guidlines posted in the Global Announcement to see if your team is required to write a packet. If you are required to write a packet (i.e. if someone on your team has played a regular, collegiate tournament before September 1, 2012), you will need to email your packets in to [email protected] The submission schedule can be found below:

The Submission Schedule (Packet submitted before 11:59 PM Eastern Time on)
September 8, 2013: -$50
September 22, 2013: -$25 (-$50 for teams not required to submit a packet)
October 6, 2013: No penalty (-$25 for teams not required to submit a packet)
October 13, 2013: +$25
October 20, 2013: +$50
After October 20: The editors may grant one or more 24-hour extensions at an additional penalty at the cost of $10 per day.

Fees
Base Fee: $120 per team ($120 for one team, $240 for 2 teams, etc.)
Buzzer Discounts: -$5 per system with no maximum (I will not be offering this if your buzzer is broken/one of the buzzers does not work; if it isn't working, don't bring it)
Staffer Discounts: -$10 per staffer with no maximum
Laptop Discounts: -$5 per Laptop (Maximum 1 discount per team)
Travel Discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled one way
International Discount: -$20 (for schools located in a different country than the host school)
New to ACF Teams (Teams who did not send a team to ACF Fall, Regionals, or Nationals between September 2011 and August 2013 and have no one claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school): -$25
New to Quizbowl Teams (For any school that did not send a team to any regular collegiate tournament since September 2011, and have no one on the team claiming this discount who played any regular collegiate tournament for another school. May be combined with the New to ACF Discount for a total discount of $100): -$75

A Note Regarding High School Teams
High School Teams are welcome to play this tournament , though they should keep in mind that while this may be a lower difficulty tournament, it is nevertheless a collegiate event and significantly more difficult than many high school tournaments. There will be no further discounts for things like playing short-handed or being new to ACF or quizbowl, which applies only to new college teams. Furthermore, high school teams must write a packet if any of its members played a college tournament prior to the 2012-2013 season.

Registration
To register for our site, please fill out this form at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PLoMzG ... o/viewform.

Also, I would like every school to email me at [email protected] with your school name, list of people attending, the number of teams and buzzers you will be bringing, and any staff who will be accompanying you so that I can prepare in advance.

For those of you who have never been to St. Thomas, here is our address and a link to the Campus Map that you can use to get directions.

University of St. Thomas
2115 Summit Avenue · Saint Paul, Minnesota 55105 ·
651-962-5000

Campus Map
http://tinyurl.com/mtrotmv

See the ACF Parking Map attachment for tips on where to park. You may park in Lots A and B, but if these are full you may use the following parking ramps indicated on the map.
ACF Parking Map.pdf
(172.15 KiB) Downloaded 152 times

More information will come, if necessary. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Thank you very much and I can't wait to see you all at St. Thomas!

Katie Metzger
University of St. Thomas '14
President of St. Thomas Quiz Bowl Team
Last edited by katmetzger on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Katie Metzger
katmetzger
Kimahri

Re: ACF Fall 2013-North, University of St. Thomas, MN (11/2/13)

Post by katmetzger »

Current Team Field

Macalester (3) - 2 buzzer systems
Lawrence University (3) - 1 buzzer system
St. Thomas (3) - 1 buzzer system
University of Minnesota (3) - 2 buzzer systems
Carleton (1) - 1 buzzer system
Last edited by katmetzger on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Katie Metzger
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Susan »

The teams who have registered with ACF for this tournament may be viewed here. Note that only Macalester has registered so far; if you still need to register, please do so by filling out this form.
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF
curioussquared
Kimahri

Post by curioussquared »

Just wondering when you think stats will be up? Thanks!
Natalie Schermer
Lawrence University '14