Quizbowl Scorekeeper Software

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
awaxm
Kimahri

Quizbowl Scorekeeper Software

Post by awaxm »

This is a little thing I've been working on; I haven't seen anything similar, although I'm sure it exists. Just a quick way to keep score and save some time. It keeps track of individual stats (as far as # of negs, powers, and tossups, but not ppg or tossups heard), shows individual and team scores. I'll continue to upload newer versions if people are interested.

*EDIT* I was unaware that you could not upload .jars on this site. Here's a link to the download. https://sites.google.com/site/gnshqb/misc (school club website)
Last edited by awaxm on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avir Waxman
Great Neck South
vinteuil
Auron

Re: Quizbowl Scorekeeper Software

Post by vinteuil »

awaxm wrote:This is a little thing I've been working on; I haven't seen anything similar, although I'm sure it exists. Just a quick way to keep score and save some time. It keeps track of individual stats (as far as # of negs, powers, and tossups, but not ppg or tossups heard), shows individual and team scores. I'll continue to upload newer versions if people are interested.
Where could we find details on this?
Jacob R., ex-Chicago
alexdz
Rikku

Post by alexdz »

There is this...

but I don't know what Gordon has done with it since he developed it.
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

I'm also starting to work on something similar, but as an Android app, that will be able to download team rosters from a server and post statistics, hopefully speeding up the scorekeeping task. I'll probably get significant progress on it in the next few weeks, but I've got a few other projects going on right now.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
grapesmoker
Sin

Post by grapesmoker »

Sorry to necro a somewhat old thread, but I'm also working on a web-based version of a scorekeeping software. It's based around Node/Mongo on the backend and (a little bit of) Backbone on the frontend. If anyone is interested in helping out with such a thing, drop me a line ([email protected]).
Jerry Vinokurov
ex-LJHS, ex-Berkeley, ex-Brown, sorta-ex-CMU
presently: John Jay College Economics
code ape, loud voice, general nuissance