Truman Bowl (March 23, 2013)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Truman Bowl (March 23, 2013)

Post by JMAC the Chef »

We at the Truman State University Academic Competition Organization in Kirksville, MO are proud to announce we will be hosting a high-school tournament for March 23rd. The tournament will feature a housewritten set of a moderate difficulty and will be terrific practice for any novice teams or organizations, as well as more seasoned schools. The tournament is open to all high school teams in Missouri, as well as any out of state teams. Prices posted below and tentative to change. If you have any questions, feel free to email me, president Jared McNett at [email protected].

$50 Base fee. $45 per other teams a school brings.

Discounts
$10 for buzzer set (please limit to 2), qualified staffer (capable of reading a packet in under of 30 minutes)
$5 for every 100 miles traveled in one direction (As determined by Google Maps.)

Again if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jwm7876@truman. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing on March 23rd.
Jared McNett

Truman State University Class of 2013
TSU Academic Competition Organization President
Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Clark County HS- 1 Team (1 Buzzer)
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Clark County HS- 1 Team, 1 Buzzer System
Brookfield HS- 2 Teams, 1 Buzzer System
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Palmyra HS- 1 Team
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Palmyra HS- 1 Team
Schuyler Count HS- 1 Team, 1 Buzzer System

Plenty of spots are still available for this tournament, if you are interested please feel free to contact me Jared McNett at [email protected].
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Re: Truman Bowl (March 23, 2013)

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

We just got our room reservations confirmed, so we'll be capping this tournament at 28 teams.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Palmyra HS- 1 Team
Schuyler Count HS- 1 Team, 1 Buzzer System
Chillicothe- 1 Team

We still have plenty of spots available for this tournament, which again will be taking place on the Truman State campus in Baldwin Hall. If you have interest in this tournament, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Helias A and Clark County are playing an advantage final now. Kirksville Black was third.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Congratulations to Helias A, who won the title for the fourth iteration of Truman Bowl. Clark County placed second after losing the first game of the advantage final. Statistics can be found here. Be sure to keep an eye out for the announcement for the fifth iteration of Truman Bowl next season!
Jacob O'Rourke