Collegiate Novice at Truman State (9/22/12)

Old college threads.
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Collegiate Novice at Truman State (9/22/12)

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

The Academic Competition Organization at Truman State University is proud to announce that we will be hosting a mirror of the Collegiate Novice set on September 22, 2012. Information about the Collegiate Novice set, such as distribution, difficulty, and eligibility, can be found here.

Registration
To register for this tournament, please email club president and tournament director Jared McNett at [email protected] and tell him how many teams, buzzers, staff, and laptops you are bringing. We would also like for each school to provide a phone number for someone going to the tournament so that we can call you if you're running late for some reason.

Fees
$15 per Player
$5 discount per working buzzer system
$10 discount per staffer
$5 discount per Laptop provided
$5 discount per 100 miles traveled (1 way, determined by Google Maps)
Minimum Fee: $5 per Player

We can accept either cash or checks the day of the tournament or after, if you need time to process it through university funding. If you are paying with check, please make it out to "Academic Competition Organization."

The address for the university is 100 E Normal St, Kirksville, MO 63501. We will be hosting this tournament in Baldwin Hall, which is Building No. 9 on this map. We request that teams arrive between 9 and 9:30, so that we can have the information meeting and start the tournament by 10:00 AM.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jared. Hope to see you in Kirksville on September 22nd!
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Field (# of Teams, # of Buzzers, # of Staff):

Mizzou- (1,1,0)
House- (2,0,0)
Jared McNett

Truman State University Class of 2013
TSU Academic Competition Organization President
Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Re: Collegiate Novice at Truman State (9/22/12)

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Really, MU's the only team signed up for this? What about all the local teams who are coming to your QUARK mirror the next week?
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Horned Screamer wrote:Really, MU's the only team signed up for this? What about all the local teams who are coming to your QUARK mirror the next week?
Spencer told me that he needed to get a head count from the WUSTL players. Alex Smith hasn't responded to any emails I've sent him, so who knows with S&T.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

I would really like for this tournament to happen, but we need more teams to register for that to happen. Wash U, MO S&T, Missouri Valley, any takers?

EDIT: S&T has informed me that they have registered.
Jacob O'Rourke

JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Mizzou- (1,1,0)
House- (2,0,0)
Missouri S&T- (1,1,0)

We would really like to add a view more of the "local teams" to this, so please contact me at [email protected] as soon as possible if you want to attend.
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Mizzou- (1,1,0)
House- (2,0,0)
Missouri S&T- (1,1,0)
Wash U- (1,2,?)
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Field Update

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Mizzou- (1,1,0)
House- (1,0,0)
Missouri S&T- (1,1,0)
Wash U- (1,2,?)

Given that we will have a field of four this, we will be using a double round-robin format.
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Congratulations to Truman State A and Missouri S&T, who won first and second place respectively. Stats can be found here.
Jacob O'Rourke