Truman State Invitational Tournament

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Truman State Invitational Tournament

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Hello everyone,

We at the Truman State University Academic Competition Organization are proud to announce we will be hosting a high-school tournament for January 14th. The tournament will feature a set of a lower difficulty and will be terrific practice for any novice teams or organizations beginning their season with the start of the New Year. The tournament is open to all high school teams not currently planning to attend quiz-bowl tournaments at Truman High School and Jeff City. If you attend these tournaments, you will not be able to compete at Truman’s event. As of now, prices are still in discussion, but will be available in the immediate future. If you have any questions, feel free to email me, president Jared McNett at [email protected].
Jared McNett

Truman State University Class of 2013
TSU Academic Competition Organization President
Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Tournament Field

Post by JMAC the Chef »

Current Field (3/12):
Kirksville (2)
Schuyler County
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

"I believe in God and I certainly believe in the Devil. There's certainly a Devil and he knows my name."- Daniel Johnston
JMAC the Chef
Lulu

Pricing

Post by JMAC the Chef »

We have decided on prices for this tournament.

First Team from a school: $60
Subsequent Teams from a School: $55
Buzzer Discount: $5 (for a working system that lets 8 people play)
Staffer Discount: $10
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

JMAC the Chef
Lulu

MSHSAA Sanctioning

Post by JMAC the Chef »

We now have MSHSAA sanctioning for this event. There is still plenty of room at our tournament for interested high school teams.
Jared McNett

Wu-Enthusiast

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Re: Truman State Invitational Tournament

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel this tournament due to only 2 schools registering.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!