BARGE at Mizzou - Sunday, January 15th

Old college threads.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

BARGE at Mizzou - Sunday, January 15th

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Hello everybody!

In the spirit of giving thanks, Mizzou is going to be hosting a mirror of Chris Ray's BARGE tournament on January 15th, 2012 (the Sunday before MLK day). This will be a cheap tournament to give thanks for people who have helped us out with all of our high school events. This tournament will be a regular difficulty (mostly) tournament that is 100% open: anybody can make up any team they want, no matter who they are.

We will be charging per person. We will charge $25 as a base fee for everybody. If you staff Tiger Bowl IV on December 3rd at MU, we will offer a $15 discount, and will offer $5 discounts for buzzers. We will have a minimum of $10 per person (to cover the mirror fee). There is no packet writing requirement.

We will also entertain running one or two side events. I think we will run Eyes That Do Not See III for free for anybody who hasn't downloaded it from the archives (be honest, cheating on this would be ultra lame).

Register by emailing me at [email protected].

Hope to see you at Mizzou in January, and hope to see you at Tiger Bowl to claim those discounts!
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White

Re: BARGE at Mizzou - Sunday, January 15th

Field:

Chicago (mystery number of teams)
My team
Jacob O'Rourke and friends
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

I want to go to this, presumably with a team from WKU. Our attendance will depend on whether or not I actually find at least one other person at this university who wants to actually go to this tournament with me.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Papa's in the House
Tidus

Post by Papa's in the House »

Illinois will be sending 1 team, 3 buzzers, and 0 moderators to this tournament.
Charles Martin Jr.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Academic Buzzer Team | President
B.S. in Accountancy, August 2011
B.S. in Finance, August 2011
MAS Program, Class of 2012

Stats are up!

http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/83 ... ry_rounds/
http://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/83 ... all_games/

Thanks to everybody who came out and helped make this tournament happen, I hope everybody enjoyed themselves.

I am unsure who did what during the arts tournament, but my understanding is that it did happen, so I will ask around.

1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

We were going to do the arts tournament, but only me and Isaac stayed. So we decided it would be a little ridiculous to do Eyes III with only 2 people.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Ah. I heard Chicago people were staying for it, guess not.

Sam
Rikku

Post by Sam »

College Park Spyders wrote:Ah. I heard Chicago people were staying for it, guess not.
Sorry about this. A couple Chicago people were interested in playing, but we didn't have the critical mass necessary to make it worthwhile for people with cars (both of whom had already played) to stay longer.

This was a good tournament, and thanks to Charlie Dees and his fellow Missourians for making it happen.
Sam Bailey
Minnesota '21
Chicago '13