Official Announcement: Early Autumn Collegiate Novice

Old college threads.
theMoMA
Forums Staff: Administrator

Official Announcement: Early Autumn Collegiate Novice

Post by theMoMA »

It is my pleasure to announce the Early Autumn Collegiate Novice Tournament.

What is the mission of this tournament?

This tournament is intended as an early introduction for collegiate novices to college quizbowl. It aims to be extremely accessible while remaining within a normal academic distribution. The target audience is college players who are very new to quizbowl. Every year, many of these new players come to first practices all around the country, but few stick with the game. This tournament aims to be an early-season introduction to competitive quizbowl in which novices can play against teams of their own strength on questions that reward the level of knowledge that they have. Our hope is that this will be the immediate positive competitive experience that new players need to get hooked on quizbowl.

Who is writing this tournament?

It will be centrally written, and I will be choosing a team of writers to work with me. If you're interested in working on the tournament, I'd like to know, so email me. I will be coordinating the production of this tournament over the summer, so I will require all contributors to make a significant commitment to writing over the summer months. My goal is to work with a talented group of newer writers to improve their question-writing skills. It's safe to say that contributors who do exemplary work will have an inside track to editing future ACF tournaments.

Update: The writing team currently consists of Matt Jackson, Bryan Berend, Huma Zafar, Brice Russ, Dallin Kelson, Ethan Hewett, Gaurav Kandlikar, Neil Fitzgerald, Tony Leng, Matt Hart, Charlie Rosenthal, Sandy Huang, Idrees Kahloon, and Tanay Kothari.

When will this take place?

The tournament will be available for hosting on any Saturday between September 4 and October 9 (some exceptions may be granted). Our aim is to provide a tournament that allows new players to play an event tailored to them within a week or two of the first practice. We will make sure that the tournament does not conflict with any EFT sites, and we will try to make sure that this tournament is hosted before EFT in all regions.

What will the packets be like?

There will only be ten packets, because we want to keep the day short to avoid quizbowl fatigue and to allow teams the chance to return to their campuses during the afternoon. The questions will be strictly length-limited to five lines of ten point Times New Roman (ten-line max for bonuses). The packets will probably be distributed in 12-point TNR for reading ease, so they may appear to be longer, but rest assured that all will be held to the five/ten line ten-point standards. Packets will follow the ACF distribution and will resemble normal quizbowl.

Who can play?
1. All ACF eligibility rules apply, except when they contradict the rules below.

2. This is a tournament for introducing collegiate novices to quizbowl. Consequently, no high school teams or players are eligible.

3. Anyone (who does not break Rules 1 or 2) who has never played quizbowl before is automatically eligible. Other academic competition does not count as quizbowl for this rule.

4. Players meeting one or more of the following criteria must apply to the head editor for special permission to play:

i. If you have already completed your second year of college (calculated from time in college, not credits).

ii. If you were ever on a playoff team at NAQT HSNCT or PACE NSC.

iii. If you have ever scored at least 30 points per game at any college tournament.

iv. If you have ever won any college tournament.

5. Anyone who does not fall into any of the four categories listed in Rule 4 is automatically eligible to play.
Clarification to rule 4.1: Time in a post-secondary high school program does not count.

Procedure for applying for special permission to play: 1) Email me at [email protected]; 2) state which of the Rule 4 points would render you otherwise ineligible; 3) list when and how you came to achieve any of the accomplishments that lead to your being otherwise ineligible; 4) state succinctly why you want to play.

What is the cost?

The cost is $15 per player. Host sites will post their own discount tables.

How much of the tournament has been written?

It is 100% written. Five of the ten packets are finalized and proofread. 375 of the 430 total questions (each packet includes 2/1 tiebreakers/extras) are edited.

Who is hosting, and when?

Click on the university name to go to the announcement. Click on the contact name to go to that person's HSQB profile page (click "Email" from there to get in contact with them).

9/11:

New England: Harvard. Contact Andy Watkins.

9/18:

Eastern Great Lakes: Rochester Institute of Technology. Contact Nathaniel Kane.

Midwest (early mirror): Northern Illinois University. Contact Brad Fischer.

Mid-Atlantic: University of Delaware. Contact Michael Marra-Powers

North Carolina: Duke. Contact [email protected].

9/25:

Ontario: University of Waterloo. Contact Huma Zafar.

High Plains: Harding University. Contact Caleb Robbins.

Eastern Midwest: University of Michigan. Contact [email protected].

Missouri: Washington University. Contact Charles Hang.

Upper Midwest: University of Minnesota. Contact Gaurav Kandlikar (or Eliza Grames).

Bay Area: University of California, Berkeley. Contact Jeff Hoppes.

10/2

Southeast Seaboard: University of South Carolina. Contact Eric Douglass.

Texas (tentative). Contact Chris Romero.

Southeast: Shorter University. Announcement pending.

Eastern Ontario: University of Ottawa. Contact Brendan McKendy.

10/9

Midwest (late mirror): University of Chicago. Contact Jimmy Ready.

Southern California: University of California, San Diego. Contact Micah Manary.

Pacific Northwest: Washington. Contact Mike Bentley.

DC/VA/MD area: University of Maryland. Contact SteveJon Guth.

Florida: Chipola College. Contact Stan Young.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Nick
Wakka

Re: ACF-sponsored Early Autumn Collegiate Novice to run in Sept.

Post by Nick »

Wow, this is a great thing.
Nick
Red-necked Phalarope
Rikku

Post by Red-necked Phalarope »

This is a ridiculously fantastic idea. I don't know yet if I'll have time to contribute, but I'll try to let you know if I do.

Any idea yet about the distribution (especially the presence/quantity of pop culture/CE/geography)?
Brice Russ
East Forsyth '04
UNC '08
Ohio State '13
Gautam
Auron

Post by Gautam »

Atlee Hammaker wrote: Any idea yet about the distribution (especially the presence/quantity of pop culture/CE/geography)?
Packets will follow the ACF distribution and will resemble normal quizbowl.
Presumably you can expect it too look like http://www.qbwiki.com/wiki/ACF#ACF_Distribution
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.
Nine-Tenths Ideas
Auron

Post by Nine-Tenths Ideas »

This sounds like a great idea.
Isaac Hirsch
University of Maryland '14
Never Gonna Play Again
Red-necked Phalarope
Rikku

Post by Red-necked Phalarope »

gkandlikar wrote:
Atlee Hammaker wrote: Any idea yet about the distribution (especially the presence/quantity of pop culture/CE/geography)?
Packets will follow the ACF distribution and will resemble normal quizbowl.
Presumably you can expect it too look like http://www.qbwiki.com/wiki/ACF#ACF_Distribution
Serves me right for posting first thing Friday morning. Thanks!
Brice Russ
East Forsyth '04
UNC '08
Ohio State '13
Broad-tailed Grassbird
Tidus

Post by Broad-tailed Grassbird »

This is quite awesome.
Nalin
Scranton Middle School (2000-2003)
Brighton High School (2003-2007)
Michigan State University (2007-2011)
Semi-Retired (2012-present)
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Is this going to be 10 rounds including finals?
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Jeremy Gibbs Freesy Does It wrote:Is this going to be 10 rounds including finals?
Ten total rounds of equal difficulty.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

theMoMA wrote:
Jeremy Gibbs Freesy Does It wrote:Is this going to be 10 rounds including finals?
Ten total rounds of equal difficulty.
Is the intent here to play 10 rounds and, because its a novice event, not be ultra concerned about having the best procedure for determining a winner, or is the intent to have 8 rounds, and then finals?
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

I will be releasing fairly comprehensive hosting guidelines, but I'd like all teams to play a reasonable number of rounds, and for there to be a final.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
marnold
Tidus

Post by marnold »

For what it's worth, I would guess September tournaments are nearly impossible for any quarter-system schools to attend. This would impact a decent number of schools on the West Coast and in the Midwest (including a school that rhymes with "The Fluniversity of Fluflago" which may or may not be the reason I make note of this). The realities of the circuit's schedule may make that a problem with no solution, but it would be sort of unfortunate.
Michael Arnold
Chicago 2010
Columbia Law 2013

2009 ACF Nats Champion
2010 ICT Champion
2010 CULT Champion
Member of Mike Cheyne's Quizbowl All-Heel Team

Fundamental Theorem of Quizbowl (Revised): Almost no one is actually good at quizbowl.
Boeing X-20, Please!
Rikku

Post by Boeing X-20, Please! »

marnold wrote:For what it's worth, I would guess September tournaments are nearly impossible for any quarter-system schools to attend. This would impact a decent number of schools on the West Coast and in the Midwest (including a school that rhymes with "The Fluniversity of Fluflago" which may or may not be the reason I make note of this). The realities of the circuit's schedule may make that a problem with no solution, but it would be sort of unfortunate.
Plus, true novices might not have attended a practice or even heard about quizbowl at this time, just amplifying what Marnold is saying.
Nolan Winkler
Loyola Academy '12
UChicago '16
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

marnold wrote:"The Fluniversity of Fluflago"
Chucago will certainly be missed!
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Utahraptor wrote:
marnold wrote:For what it's worth, I would guess September tournaments are nearly impossible for any quarter-system schools to attend. This would impact a decent number of schools on the West Coast and in the Midwest (including a school that rhymes with "The Fluniversity of Fluflago" which may or may not be the reason I make note of this). The realities of the circuit's schedule may make that a problem with no solution, but it would be sort of unfortunate.
Plus, true novices might not have attended a practice or even heard about quizbowl at this time, just amplifying what Marnold is saying.
Yeah; before our schedule changed this year, this tournament would at best be immediately after our first practice. As it is, we might have two weeks of practice before this at best; I guess that's when it makes sense for this thing to be, but it's a little tight.
Andrew Watkins
MicroEStudent
Rikku

Post by MicroEStudent »

We have quarters (until Fall 2013!), but we have a split Winter quarter and we start on Labor Day, so this works for us.

I e-mailed Andrew about the possibility of RIT hosting a mirror of this so that we can get some of the local formerly CBI colleges involved as well as be a close site for more active teams such as University of Rochester and Cornell.
Nathaniel Kane
RIT '09, '11 (BS Microelectronic Engineering, MS Microelectronic Engineering)
Gautam
Auron

Post by Gautam »

I think that a tournament like this is an ideal candidate for having delayed mirrors. Even if the first mirrors ran in the second week of Sept. and the last mirrors ran in the 2nd week of Oct. (doubtful since EFT will have already occurred by then, if at all EFT is slated to happen) we're still only talking about a 4 week span, which is hardly a problem for a set with many more mirrors than usual.

--Gautam
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.
Susan

Post by Susan »

I wonder if the quarter-system thing means that one of the mirrors of this tournament should essentially be a Northwestern/Chicago scrimmage.
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

gkandlikar wrote:I think that a tournament like this is an ideal candidate for having delayed mirrors. Even if the first mirrors ran in the second week of Sept. and the last mirrors ran in the 2nd week of Oct. (doubtful since EFT will have already occurred by then, if at all EFT is slated to happen) we're still only talking about a 4 week span, which is hardly a problem for a set with many more mirrors than usual.
Yeah, this. I really don't understand why "delayed mirrors" or whatever you want to call them are a problem for collegiate quizbowl. This happens in high school all the time with no issues really at all (HSAPQ and NAQT sets run in October and May, Prison Bowl mirrored two or three months later, etc.), so if this set and this tournament (and this idea) is really as great as everybody thinks it will be - and you can count me in as one of those people who thinks so - then delay it as much as you want so the appropriate players can compete on it.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Thanks to everyone who has already sent me an email requesting to host or write. I will be following up shortly. In the meantime, anyone who wants to write or host who hasn't already contacted me should certainly do so.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

To those who have emailed about hosting or writing this event, I will respond definitively sometime next week. There are pending ACF decisions (such as who works on Fall) that impact this tournament, and I don't want to give half-answers before those decisions are made.

I will reiterate the call for hosts and writers. Anyone wanting to do either should email me at [email protected]

edit: also, please see this thread in the Miscellaneous HSQB section for the discussion of high school stuff and this tournament.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

I just sent out the preliminary writer invites for the tournament. If you haven't yet expressed interest (or have, but didn't receive an invite, which would have been an oversight on my part), there is still time! Initial assignments will be going out on June 11, so anyone who contacts me a reasonable amount of time before then can still become a writer for the event.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Initial assignments are sent! I'm still seeking interested writers for this tournament, especially those who can write science questions. Please send me an email at [email protected] if you're interested (anyone is welcome, not just scientists).
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

theMoMA wrote: I will reiterate the call for hosts and writers. Anyone wanting to do either should email me at [email protected]
Have you received any interest in hosting this, and if so, have you accepted any bids yet?
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Yes and yes. I will announce the initial accepted hosts sometime in the next week, but I am still looking for hosts in several regions.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Penguin
Kimahri

Post by Penguin »

It seems that this idea has been reiterated several times, but it would definitely be great if delayed mirrors were made possible or if the date for the onset of the tournament were pushed back. I definitely wasn't a great player in high school and still am not a strong player -- sounds like a great way to ease the transition between high school and college play =D.
Neil Luu
Southside '10
Stanford '14
Duncan Idaho
Rikku

Post by Duncan Idaho »

Penguin wrote:It seems that this idea has been reiterated several times, but it would definitely be great if delayed mirrors were made possible or if the date for the onset of the tournament were pushed back.
This would especially make sense now that Fall is in November.
Ben Cole, Southside '10, George Mason '14
nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals/ the power of your intense fragility:

"I'll also note the humor in me defending high schoolers from Matt Bollinger." - Mike Cheyne
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Two of the likely hosts (in Southern Cal and Chicago) will be running this event in October. I will consider other late bids in areas where it may be helpful to the desired field. Also, Fall is almost always in November. I would like to see this tournament run before EFT runs at every site, if possible, so that's one of the driving factors of the hosting window.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
stevebahnaman
Wakka

Post by stevebahnaman »

I am very excited about this. I'm assuming that most of my current and new-in-2010 players other than Adam Nyborg here at NCWC would fall into the "eligible" category for this tournament, since they all started quiz bowl last year and did not fall into the "very good players" category, right?
Steve Bahnaman, Campbell University
Commissioner, Online Quiz League USA (quizcentral.net)
NC Wesleyan College, Librarian and Quiz Bowl Advisor/Coach 2009-2011
Emory Academic Team, 1999-2004
Pretty trashy
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

stevebahnaman wrote:I am very excited about this. I'm assuming that most of my current and new-in-2010 players other than Adam Nyborg here at NCWC would fall into the "eligible" category for this tournament, since they all started quiz bowl last year and did not fall into the "very good players" category, right?
I will be posting extensive eligibility rules later in the summer, but those players you've mentioned all seem like they should qualify, from what you've told me.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

I'm happy to report that our question production has been excellent so far, and we're consequently ahead of schedule.

I'd like to thank the eleven schools that have preliminarily agreed to host Novice. Click here to see a map of all of the host schools. By region, they are:

Ontario: University of Waterloo
Eastern Great Lakes: Rochester Institute of Technology
Mid-Atlantic: University of Delaware
Southeast Seaboard: University of South Carolina
Southeast: Shorter University
Tornado Alley: Harding University
Eastern Midwest: University of Michigan
Midwest (early mirror): Northern Illinois University
Midwest (late mirror): University of Chicago
Upper Midwest: University of Minnesota
California: University of California, San Diego
Florida: Chipola College
Bay Area: University of California, Berkeley
Eastern Ontario: University of Ottawa
New England: Harvard (possibly with MIT cooperation)
DC/VA/MD area: University of Maryland
North Carolina: Duke
Pacific Northwest: Washington

Many of these sites are closer together than normal mirrors would be, but one of our missions is to make this tournament a day trip for any team that wants to attend. With that in mind, we are still actively looking for sites in the following areas:

Texas
Kansas/Nebraska
Anywhere in the Rocky Mountains, if quizbowl in fact exists there

We will also strongly consider bids in the following areas:

Lower Mid-Atlantic (NC/VA)
Iowa/North Missouri
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

I'm pleased to announce that we have added sites at Chipola, Berkeley, Ottawa, Harvard, Maryland, and Duke. We are still hoping to find sites in Texas, the Pacific Northwest, and extreme southern Florida, among other places.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
indiaisasubcontinent7
Lulu

Post by indiaisasubcontinent7 »

When is the late mirror at UChicago gonna run?
Anant Shah
President, Northwestern Quizbowl
WCAS '12
at your pleasure
Auron

Post by at your pleasure »

indiaisasubcontinent7 wrote:When is the late mirror at UChicago gonna run?
A quick check of the Class of 2014 facebook page says October 9th.
Douglas Graebner, Walt Whitman HS 10, Uchicago 14
"... imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him as certainly as a dose of prussic acid."-Sir James Frazer,The Golden Bough

http://avorticistking.wordpress.com/
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

It'd be cool if there was a Kentucky/Tennessee mirror of this, but I know that's not likely.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

I have sent out the hosting guide and I expect all eighteen confirmed hosts to post site-specific announcements within the next week.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
theMoMA

Re: Official Announcement: Early Autumn Collegiate Novice

Post by theMoMA »

Updated to reflect official announcement status. The first post will be updated as sites announce their dates.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Penguin
Kimahri

Post by Penguin »

Quick Question:

Do the individuals who fall under one or more of the four categories of eligibility apply to the main editor with a case arguing their eligibility?
Neil Luu
Southside '10
Stanford '14
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Penguin wrote:Quick Question:

Do the individuals who fall under one or more of the four categories of eligibility apply to the main editor with a case arguing their eligibility?
The top post has been edited to reflect the correct procedure. As long as I get an email from the person in question or the tournament director a few days in advance of the tournament, everything should work out.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Nick
Wakka

Post by Nick »

Just out of curiosity- is any effort being made to reach schools who don't regularly compete and/or specifically read these forums?
Nick
mastaloo
Wakka

Post by mastaloo »

Nick wrote:Just out of curiosity- is any effort being made to reach schools who don't regularly compete and/or specifically read these forums?
I was thinking the exact same thing; I mean, this is a great opportunity to get new schools involved, but how are these schools going to find out about quizbowl? I think that host schools should email as many local colleges that aren't already involved with quizbowl as possible, just giving a little summary of quizbowl and the purpose of this tournament. That, at least, will get the word out and might spark some interest.
Alex Gross
Delaware '14

"I have something to say about the difference between American and European cities. But I've forgotten what it is. I have it written down at home somewhere." - David Byrne
theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

Yes, of course we're making outreach efforts off of the forums.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
MicroEStudent
Rikku

Post by MicroEStudent »

Nick wrote:Just out of curiosity- is any effort being made to reach schools who don't regularly compete and/or specifically read these forums?
Site hosts were told to contact as many schools as possible. Andrew Hart sent out guidelines about it.

At least for our site, I have been in contact with two people that said that they would distribute the information to all of the schools that participated in College Bowl from 2000-death in Upstate NY. This includes a lot of the SUNY schools including big ones in Buffalo and Binghamton as well as private schools like Syracuse.

In the immediate Rochester area, I have sent e-mails to other, non-CBI colleges, but at all of them, I received an Out of Office notice.
Nathaniel Kane
RIT '09, '11 (BS Microelectronic Engineering, MS Microelectronic Engineering)
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Anyone contacted these schools?

http://www.kcqrl.org/About_Us.html

I don't know that they'd be interested, but it would at least be worth a shot. Murray State would likely be closest to the St. Louis site, but the rest would probably need to be contacted about the Shorter site.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Hilltopper22 wrote:Anyone contacted these schools?

I don't know that they'd be interested, but it would at least be worth a shot. Murray State would likely be closest to the St. Louis site, but the rest would probably need to be contacted about the Shorter site.
Thank you for letting me know about this; I was originally going to contact the Honda teams in the St. Louis area (of which there appear to be at least a few), but I will be sure to alert these schools as well.
Charles Hang

Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

With another glance, there appears to be a Quick Recall tournament the same day as our mirror:

http://www.kcqrl.org/Schedule__Calendar_.html
Charles Hang

theMoMA

Post by theMoMA »

In addition to the efforts of our host sites, the editors are also hopefully going to be sponsoring a postcard mailing campaign in support of the tournament. The main obstacle is figuring out a way to get contact info for these schools; I've been working on a few leads, but anyone with suggestions should email me.
Andrew Hart
Minnesota alum
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Charbroil wrote:

With another glance, there appears to be a Quick Recall tournament the same day as our mirror:

Yeah, I guess I should of looked at that. It's a shame too, because this tournament would be the perfect one to introduce these teams to good questions. You should probably still contact Murray State, because I think they're closer to you all than the tournament being hosted that day within that league.
Nicholas C
KQBA member
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Hilltopper22 wrote:
Charbroil wrote:

Yeah, I guess I should of looked at that. It's a shame too, because this tournament would be the perfect one to introduce these teams to good questions. You should probably still contact Murray State, because I think they're closer to you all than the tournament being hosted that day within that league.
I figure I can also invite these teams to our other novice oriented event in the fall, the Gateway Invitational Tournament (speaking of which, you guys should attend as well).
Charles Hang

mastaloo
Wakka

Post by mastaloo »

theMoMA wrote:In addition to the efforts of our host sites, the editors are also hopefully going to be sponsoring a postcard mailing campaign in support of the tournament. The main obstacle is figuring out a way to get contact info for these schools; I've been working on a few leads, but anyone with suggestions should email me.
Whoops, wasn't aware of this. Sounds like a great idea though.
Alex Gross
Delaware '14

"I have something to say about the difference between American and European cities. But I've forgotten what it is. I have it written down at home somewhere." - David Byrne