Penn Bowl Trash Mirror - Berry College - 2/27/2010

Old college threads.
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Penn Bowl Trash Mirror - Berry College - 2/27/2010

Post by gregpweinstein »

The Berry College Bowl team is pleased to announce that we will play host to the Southeastern mirror of Penn Bowl trash 2 on February 27, 2010. Teams will not be required to write a packet.

FEES:
+80 dollar base fee
-5 dollar discount for a buzzer
-10 for a capable reader/scorekeeper
-10 for teams coming from over 200 miles away
-10 for any team that would be interested in sending a reader/scorekeeper to the Berry high school tournament going on February 20th
Minimum fee per team= 45 dollars

ELIGIBILITY:

This tournament is open to all players regardless of school affiliation and anyone who wants to have a fun day playing trash.

To register, please send me an email at [email protected]

I will post registration times and location closer to the tournament date

THANK YOU!
Gregory Weinstein
Captain, BCB
Last edited by gregpweinstein on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
49-Mile Scenic Drive
Rikku

Re: Penn Bowl Trash Mirror - Berry College - 2/28/2010

Post by 49-Mile Scenic Drive »

I would so come to this if it wasn't CCCT weekend. Of course they way things are the CCCT may just be a "show up here and hope it's the right location" type of tournament the way things are going.
Mark Morris
University of Alabama-Huntsville '13
Auburn Pharmacy '19
linaloki
Lulu

Post by linaloki »

UA will probably be coming to this. Wasn't there supposed to be a tournament at Shorter the same weekend?
Sean Randall
University of Alabama '11
President of AAQT 2009-10
[email protected]
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

Yes there will be a tournament at Shorter College on February the 27th. Speak with Chuck Pearson for logistics on that. Also, any team or staffer at that tournament who would like to come play in my tournament will get an additional 10 dollar discount. And I will be posting a preliminary field update within a week.
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

gregpweinstein wrote:Yes there will be a tournament at Shorter College on February the 27th. Speak with Chuck Pearson for logistics on that. Also, any team or staffer at that tournament who would like to come play in my tournament will get an additional 10 dollar discount. And I will be posting a preliminary field update within a week.
CORRECTION!!!! There will no longer be a tournament at Shorter College on the 27th, so I have moved the tournament to that date, as seemingly most people would like to play tournaments on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. Again please notify me if you are able to attend. THANK YOU!
Berry College 2007-?
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Re: Penn Bowl Trash Mirror - Berry College - 2/27/2010

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

So you have now scheduled your tournament to conflict with T-Party at Furman? Charming.
Andrew Watkins
Central_Slade
Lulu

Post by Central_Slade »

As was aforementioned, there was already a tournament set for 2/27 at Shorter College. Berry University, which is about 10 minutes away from Shorter had their tournament conveniently grouped alongside Shorter's Sword Bowl that same weekend. With the unfortunate cancellation of Sword Bowl at Shorter, Berry has simply moved their tournament up one day.

EDIT: It looks like T-Party at Furman is 2/13 anyway.
Robert Slade
Georgia Perimeter College '08-'09
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

I do not see how seeing as how the T-PARTY at Furman is happening February 13 and my tournament is happening February 27
Berry College 2007-?
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:So you have now scheduled your tournament to conflict with T-Party at Furman? Charming.
Oh, right; I'd forgotten that they changed their date back a couple of weeks ago. So sorry!
Andrew Watkins
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

thats cool, it happens
Berry College 2007-?
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

I have also been given permission to run TIDUS, which will hopefully be run on the same day. I am still working out the logistics for how that would work. If you would like to play TIDUS as well as Penn Bowl trash, it shall be 5 extra dollars per person that is playing (solely TIDUS, if you dont want to play TIDUS the 5 extra dollars does not refer to you) to cover the mirror fee.
Berry College 2007-?
Cooper98
Wakka

Post by Cooper98 »

Hey Greg, will you take one person teams for this? I may end up coming even though Alabama is not. I could be a free agent or something.
Owen Cooper
Gadsden City High School '07
Alabama '11

Out of business.
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

A field update and information for teams coming.

The tournament will start at 9 this Saturday, hopefully promptly. Registration begins at 8:15 in the GREEN building. You can find out where this is by going to the Berry college website, also it is to the left of the roundabout with big pillars in front to the right of the library. There will be parking behind it, you can park in with no problem. If there is any problem you can contact me. I will be sending out an email to all the teams when I have everyone confirmed. We are also running TIDUS as a singles side tournament, probably run after lunch and finishing up after finals.

Field Update:
(confirmed)
Kearney et al
Richards/Franklin et al
House team
GA perimeter
Oxford at Emory

(expressed interest)
South Carolina
UTC

Free Agents:
Owen Cooper

If anyone else has any interest in coming please email me with your information. We would love to have you!
Berry College 2007-?
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

I wanted to thank everyone who showed up and made my first solo-ran tournament a great success. People seemed to have enjoyed it and I have gotten a lot of kudos from people who showed up. I wanted to thank all my staffers and friends who showed up to help me and made this tournament what it was, I could not have done it without you. I also wanted to thank all the teams who dealt with everything so graciously and helped out wonderfully on their byes with reading/scorekeeping.

Due to computer failures, I am not able to enter stats at this time, but I hope to have the individual and team results posted before this weekend for both Penn Bowl and Tidus.

The first place team was comprised of Joseph Dion, John Kilby, and Mike Staley, I apologize for not remembering your team name. 2nd place went to the team of Michael Kearney, Al (sorry Al can't think of how to spell your name), Chris Hendry, and Megan Clancy. And 3rd place went to the team of Mark Franklin, Robin Richards, and their two buddies whose names will be up there when I enter the stats I promise.

The top 5 individual scorers were Joseph Dion, Michael Kearney, Eric Douglass, myself, and Owen Cooper.

We played 3 rounds of TIDUS during lunch, and Michael Kearney won the first two and John Kilby won the 3rd one.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament and I would love to be able to host one every year if people are interested in my Tournament Directing abilities. Thank you all once again for coming and making it a very successful day!
Berry College 2007-?