Announcement: Virginia Tech Invitational Tournament

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Snoopy17
Lulu

Announcement: Virginia Tech Invitational Tournament

Post by Snoopy17 »

The Academic Competition Organization of Virginia Tech is pleased to announce that our organization will be resuming the Virginia Tech High School Academic Invitational Tournament. The tournament is currently scheduled for Saturday November 13th. Slots in the tournament will be allocated on the basis of priority entry, and with an interest in giving as many schools as possible the opportunity to participate.

The tournament format will depend on the number of entrants. Possible formats include Swiss pairings and round-robin, which should guarantee each team a minimum of seven games.

The tournament entry fee is $50 for a school’s first team, and $45 for all subsequent teams. Schools that make buzzer systems available for use in the tournament will be eligible for a $10 discount per buzzer system. Buzzer discounts will be allocated to as many schools as possible. We are also offering a “finder’s feeâ€
jewtemplar
Wakka

Post by jewtemplar »

Questions, format?
Snoopy17
Lulu

Post by Snoopy17 »

Questions will be house written. A round will consist of 20 Toss-Ups and your choice of bonuses from topics. We are not yet decided on the usage of bouncebacks on bonuses.
Sarah Mahood
President VT-ACO
Willy Dee Jones McGee III
Lulu

Post by Willy Dee Jones McGee III »

Uberaschung: If you ever post on this board again, I will write a letter to your coach and your school's principal with all of your posts attached. -Admin
A son of many Irish Sharecroppers
STPickrell
Auron

Post by STPickrell »

How many teams are showing up?

Are you getting emails from Judith Wylie @ Marion, or waiting to send a larger email in a week or so when the field is fully fleshed out?
Shawn Pickrell, HSAPQ CFO
Snoopy17
Lulu

Post by Snoopy17 »

The field will probably not be announced for at least a week. I sent out a large email today because apparently my email doesn't work from my computer. Sorry about any confusion.
STPickrell
Auron

Post by STPickrell »

Snoopy17 wrote:The field will probably not be announced for at least a week. I sent out a large email today because apparently my email doesn't work from my computer. Sorry about any confusion.
thanks!

she (dr. wylie) had sent me an email asking what was going on

apparently they (marion) graduated their entire team and she wasn't 100% sure they'd have a team this year (or at least one that wasn't scraped together @ the last minute.)

shawn
Shawn Pickrell, HSAPQ CFO
vcuEvan
Auron

Post by vcuEvan »

Are there any qualifications for national tournaments (Pace, NAQT)
Snoopy17
Lulu

Virginia Tech High School Invitational Tournament CANCELLED

Post by Snoopy17 »

Due to lack of a sufficent amount of teams Virginia Tech's Academic Competition Organization has cancelled its tournament which was scheduled for this Saturday, November 13th. We will hopefully be hosting a tournament this spring.
Sarah Mahood
VT-ACO President