Southeastern Quizbowl Newsletter

Old college threads.
Ethnic history of the Vilnius region
Auron

Southeastern Quizbowl Newsletter

Post by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region »

I'm going to start sending out the first issue of the second year of the Southeastern Quizbowl Newsletter on September 1st. I'm going to send it out on a monthly basis until the end of the Spring semester. It basically consists of announcements and results that you'll see on this board along with some helpful links. I cover academic quizbowl events in South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, and Mississippi. Of course, people outside those states may subscribe as well, and teams in Florida, NC, and Virginia who venture into the above states might find it useful. If interested, contact me at ericd25 at hotmail dot com.

Edit: Just to clarify, this newsletter exclusively covers college events, as there are probably too many high school events in the Southeast for one newsletter. Of course, high school players and teams are generally welcome at college events, and high school coaches and players are welcome to subscribe to the newsletter.

Edit 2: The Newsletter is in e-mail form.
Last edited by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric D.
University of South Carolina Alum
Charbroil
Auron

Re: Southeastern Quizbowl Newsletter

Post by Charbroil »

Just out of pure curiosity, could I sign up for this newsletter too? If so, is it going to be in email form, or a physical mailing (and could I get it as the former)?
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

I'll sign up for this. I'm always interested in finding possible college tournaments to attend to better myself as a player and as a person.
Kay, Chicago.
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons »

Kay, are you going to attend the Faulkner State tournament? I am not sure how close that is to you, but it is in Alabama and I assume it is fairly close to Pensacola. Also, are you going to attend the EFT at FSU?
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Eric, would you mind signing me up for this? I could use for this tournament alert, plus there might be WV teams interested in traveling maybe?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Auron

Charbroil wrote:Just out of pure curiosity, could I sign up for this newsletter too? If so, is it going to be in email form, or a physical mailing (and could I get it as the former)?
You sure can; anyone outside the Southeast is quite welcome to sign up; just contact me at the address above or otherwise send me your e-mail address and you'll receive the first issue. And yes, it is in email form.

Kay and Fred: Y'all'r now on the list.
Eric D.
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

TheLessFamousEthan wrote:Kay, are you going to attend the Faulkner State tournament? I am not sure how close that is to you, but it is in Alabama and I assume it is fairly close to Pensacola. Also, are you going to attend the EFT at FSU?
Once I figure out the dates, I'll try to find out if I can drum up a team from Pensacola to go.
Kay, Chicago.
Jesus vs. Dragons
Tidus

Post by Jesus vs. Dragons »

Arsonists Get All the Girls wrote:
TheLessFamousEthan wrote:Kay, are you going to attend the Faulkner State tournament? I am not sure how close that is to you, but it is in Alabama and I assume it is fairly close to Pensacola. Also, are you going to attend the EFT at FSU?
Once I figure out the dates, I'll try to find out if I can drum up a team from Pensacola to go.
October 16 and October 3rd, respectively.
Ethan Hewett
UF 2013
Chipola College 2010
Sneads High School 2009
kayli
Auron

Post by kayli »

TheLessFamousEthan wrote:
Arsonists Get All the Girls wrote:
October 16 and October 3rd, respectively.
Ouch. I have PSAT and SAT studying to do during that period... I might be able to make Faulkner State though... speaking of which I really need to study for those.
Kay, Chicago.
Auron

I plan on sending out the newsletter tomorrow. So far, the tournaments I have officially scheduled at definite locations are EFT at USC, Berry's Southeastern, and Delta Burke at Valencia. THUNDER is on the google quizbowl map but I haven't seen an official announcement for it one way or the other. Does anyone know if Clemson is indeed hosting THUNDER, or does anyone know of other tournaments coming up that weren't discussed above? Thanks!
Eric D.
ClemsonQB
Tidus

Post by ClemsonQB »

No one knows yet if Clemson is hosting THUNDER, but I'm working on figuring out if its possible.
George Stevens

Dorman High School 2008
Clemson University 2012