Southern California '09-'10

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Southern California '09-'10

Post by Joe Romersa »

Hey, everyone else has a thread, why dont we?

After losing a lot of pretty damn good people, which teams will rise up on top this year?
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
cvdwightw
Auron

Re: Southern California '09-'10

Post by cvdwightw »

This is simple. Torrey Pines will be really good. Santa Monica will be really good. Any other team that wants to take down one of those two at full strength better start studying hard now or hope for a fluke packet. Arcadia, Edison, La Jolla, and RB will be varying degrees of competitive depending on how the younger players continue to develop. There may or may not be a team or two I'm leaving out of the discussion.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org
UC Irvine 2008-2013; UCLA 2004-2007; Capistrano Valley High School 2000-2003

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

I say La Jolla's up there with SaMo and Torrey, they still have Allison, and Polytechnic still has their top player, Anand (but they don't go to many tournaments).

and RB could still be good, depending on how consistent Lucas gets.
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
gyre and gimble
Yuna

Post by gyre and gimble »

I would put RB above La Jolla. Seems like RB has some soon-to-be sophomores who are into expanding their knowledge and Lucas can beat decent teams even with all the negs. La Jolla, too, will be good, no doubt. But I think losing Kai leaves a huge hole and they'll have to work to fill that in.

Apparently Torrey Pines incoming sophomores are holding practices on their own. I don't know how that's going but I did tell them to look at some of the high school packets online, starting with stuff like HAVOC. They are definitely the most enthusiastic class I have seen from our school, and it'll be fun to see how well they can do come fall.

And I'm really looking forward to playing Santa Monica sometime this year, since I've never played them before. Right now Santa Monica to me is just a mysterious juggernaut that manages to win a lot.
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
Julie RS
Lulu

Post by Julie RS »

cvdwightw wrote: Arcadia, Edison, La Jolla, and RB will be varying degrees of competitive depending on how the younger players continue to develop.
Though she will be a Junior next year, my daughter Maddie will not be affiliated with Edison in '09-'10.
Julie
ihavenoidea
Rikku

Post by ihavenoidea »

Stephen wins. If Lucas or anyone else wishes to compete, they need to binge study like no other.
Zhao Zhang
Rancho Bernardo High School '09
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Since the Morlan Preseason Top 50 came out (10-1 aren't out yet, but let's be realistic, there isn't a single SoCal school in that mix), I thought I'd give my Preseason Top 5 for SoCal:

5. Arcadia
The heavy lifters in terms of both organization and points scoring are gone, but they've been a remarkably consistent program and took the next step last year by acquitting themselves well at two college novice tournaments. They return the entire team that averaged the equivalent of 16.8 PPB at SCIENCE! and with any appreciable amount of practice that will increase by at least a couple of points. They'll get to HSNCT again this year, the question is whether they'll have the same regular-season drive to get back into the playoffs.

4. Rancho Bernardo
Lucas has the potential to be Anurag II; the question is whether he is going to maximize that potential. For now I'll estimate that Lucas as a junior will probably turn out similar to Anurag as a junior. The difference is that 2008 RB had a whole bunch of relatively interchangeable parts on the supporting cast; if RB's dedicated sophomores can provide that kind of supporting cast, they'll be right back on track to a high national finish - in 2011. For now, winning a couple of local tournaments and making HSNCT playoffs are achievable goals. Adding someone who can score while Lucas tunes out on pop culture is a must for NAQT success.

3. La Jolla
Personally, I think they're slightly overrated at #19 in the Morlan Top 50. This is their chance to prove me wrong. The big question is which of those 6 or 7 returners from the HSNCT experience is going to put in the effort to become a nationals-level #1. If they can get one or two people to put in that kind of effort, they could go far in the playoffs.

2. Santa Monica
And this is a team I feel is underrated at #31. Whoever they bring up from the B team should be up to speed by the end of the fall season, and their clear advantage on trash makes them a threat to win every NAQT tournament in the area. If everyone progresses as expected and they can bring their nationals-level bonus conversion up about 3 points, they'll rebound quite nicely from their (gasp!) worst HSNCT finish ever.

1. Torrey Pines
Unless Vivek's a supersenior, the Morlan Top 50 got that wrong, but I still think they merit a Top-15 national preseason ranking. Stephen is good enough to carry that team into the HSNCT playoffs by himself; Stephen plus a talented, motivated supporting cast is downright scary.

Everyone else: Edison loses a whole lot of point production and are in for a rebuilding year. University and North Hollywood also lose a lot of point production, but I'm more concerned that those programs are continuing than that they'll get back to HSNCT. San Dieguito's production has always been somewhat mercurial and too many other programs are too consistent for them to break into the top 5; they'll continue to be dangerous on a good day and average on a bad one. Pasadena Polytechnic remains under the radar because it seems like they haven't been to more than two tournaments a year since 2001; they could be good if they start getting out to stuff. Carlsbad's pyramidal question experiment will continue; hopefully the experience is starting to motivate some of their younger players. Rancho Alamitos returns both players that scored any appreciable amount of points for them last year; can they make the leap to the next level and steal a nationals bid from a weak field? Will some of the rarely-seen Orange County teams start regularly attending tournaments again? Will more Academic League teams start coming out of the woodwork and demonstrating hidden knowledge? This area's always been weird with a similar number of nationally elite teams to most other areas and comparatively fewer overall teams.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

"It's a competition, but it's not a sport. On a scale, if football is a 10, then rowing would be a two. One would be Quiz Bowl." --Matt Birk on rowing, SI On Campus, 10/21/03

"If you were my teammate, I would have tossed your ass out the door so fast you'd be emitting Cerenkov radiation, but I'm not classy like Dwight." --Jerry
ihavenoidea
Rikku

Post by ihavenoidea »

cvdwightw wrote:Lucas has the potential to be Anurag II
This isn't happening unless Lucas suddenly becomes interested in/studies all of the humanities.
Zhao Zhang
Rancho Bernardo High School '09
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

Now that Zhao's going to the east coast, how low are the odds of converting NCAL to NAQT/mACF? (my guess: REALLY low)

http://quizbowl.caltech.edu/results/200 ... il.html#t3

Polytechnic (who only shows up at Arcadia and Caltech's tournaments because theyre 1 and 15 minutes away respectively) has Anand, who can carry the team to a decent record. Also, he showed improvement from Carnal Embrace, which was also run on NAQT IS packets

http://results.scobo.net/SQBS.aspx?org= ... mdetail#t6

possible dark horse?
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
gyre and gimble
Yuna

ihavenoidea wrote:
cvdwightw wrote:Lucas has the potential to be Anurag II
This isn't happening unless Lucas suddenly becomes interested in/studies all of the humanities.
This seems to suggest Lucas became an HSNCT all-star almost completely off of science and math tossups. Holy crap.
al3xWal3x wrote:Now that Zhao's going to the east coast, how low are the odds of converting NCAL to NAQT/mACF? (my guess: REALLY low)
Number 1: If this means getting new teams to go to NAQT/mACF events, odds are pretty low but still alive.
Number 2: If this means changing the NCAL format, (and I think Zhao will, despite all his efforts, agree with me) the odds were never more than "REALLY low". And I think Number 1 needs to happen first anyway. People won't want to change to a format they've never even played before.

And hey Dwight, is there anything close to a preliminary Fall/Winter tournament schedule?
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

gyre and gimble wrote:Number 1: If this means getting new teams to go to NAQT/mACF events, odds are pretty low but still alive.
My hope is that UCSD and some other relatively local schools will be able to recruit former AL people, who will then tell their former coaches how cool this new format is and that they should give it a try in addition to AL.
And hey Dwight, is there anything close to a preliminary Fall/Winter tournament schedule?
I'm putting in tournament information as rumors and announcements trickle in.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

i meant Number 1. sorry for the vagueness

Why isnt SD hosting ACFfall, isnt Auroni an editor?

also, put down Fall Novice for 11/14 tentative. we want to avoid all SAT days
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

al3xWal3x wrote:Why isnt SD hosting ACFfall, isnt Auroni an editor?
The vast majority of my team would benefit to play ACF Fall than read for it, since it is the easiest collegiate tournament, and I want them to get that opportunity.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

UCLA will again host TWAIN in the fall, but we haven't decided on a date, set, tournament director etc.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

We just got confirmed for IS-86, for TWAIN to be held on October 3, 2009. Mik Larsen and I will be co-directing it, as well as a possible mirror of EFT on Sunday assuming Jerry Vinokurov approves us for it.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

UCSD is bidding for an HFT (Harvard Fall Tournament) mirror. If we get it, that'll be on 11/14, and we'll put an announcement up.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

Censorship in Burma wrote:UCSD is bidding for an HFT (Harvard Fall Tournament) mirror. If we get it, that'll be on 11/14, and we'll put an announcement up.
You've got it, dude. Everyone come!
Andrew Watkins
gyre and gimble
Yuna

Legit. San Diego tournaments!!! Let's hope people are at least as interested as they were for Triton Bowl.
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
yjna4006
Lulu

Post by yjna4006 »

Don't count Mission San Jose out from the speculation =P
Considering most of us are seniors, we'll try to come down and attend some tournaments after apps are all done.
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

Having come back from San Jose today, I gotta ask, how would you guys come to SoCal tournaments? Assuming a 5 hour drive, you would have to leave there by 4 AM, and if the tournaments finishes by 5 PM, you would be back there by 10 PM. Its a bit far for high schoolers, is it not?

*edit*
gyre and gimble wrote:Legit. San Diego tournaments!!! Let's hope people are at least as interested as they were for Triton Bowl.
and lets hope there isnt another RB NNT
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
Tanay
Rikku

Post by Tanay »

Irwin R Schyster wrote:Having come back from San Jose today, I gotta ask, how would you guys come to SoCal tournaments? Assuming a 5 hour drive, you would have to leave there by 4 AM, and if the tournaments finishes by 5 PM, you would be back there by 10 PM. Its a bit far for high schoolers, is it not?
The prospect of a similar trip was raised during Nationals and our year-end party. No details of any sort yet, but I would imagine that we'd start on Friday after school and come back home in the late night or early morning after the tournament.
Tanay
ex-Berkeley, ex-Bellarmine
Auroni
Auron

Post by Auroni »

Note: if any of you enterprising NorCal high schoolers want to make such a trip, we'll be more than happy to accommodate you by finding places to put you up for the night, giving further discounts, etc.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
rylltraka
Tidus

Post by rylltraka »

I agree with Auroni's idea and would likewise provide similar support, or goad others at my school into doing so.
Mik Larsen
USC '08, UCLA '14
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

I second Mik as to my personal situation, plus should be able to swipe some people into the dining hall for dinner. I would only want whomever stays over to help carry supplies down to the tournament building in the morning.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Dude Love wrote:I would only want whomever stays over to help carry supplies up, up, and further up to the tournament building in the morning.
Fixed. Enterprising high schoolers should be warned of the catch before accepting such an offer.

As for the trip, it's a regular occurrence at the college level. Since the high school tournaments tend to get out earlier, it would not be unreasonable to head back right after the tournament and be back around midnight.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Glacier wrote:UCSD is bidding for an HFT (Harvard Fall Tournament) mirror. If we get it, that'll be on 11/14, and we'll put an announcement up.
You should figure out the date conflict with Arcadia, who's got a tentative date claim that weekend for their Fall Novice Mirror, and would likely want to send a team to HFT mirror.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

There will apparently be a mirror of HFT on 11/7, so you could take that date. The Rockford Auburn mirror may be as late as 12/5. So you have a good range.
Andrew Watkins
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

We would prefer holding our Fall Novice Mirror on 11/14, to avoid the November SAT. However, we wouldn't mind moving our tournament to the 21st (and then we can avoid an ACT day). Whichever date works better for you guys.

Also, remember that college students have more freedom than high schoolers, i.e. my parents get :twisted: if i get back later than 9:30
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

I tried to send an announcement about TWAIN through the google group, but it doesn't seem like it went through? I sent my message from dinoian@gmail(dot)com to [email protected]. Did anyone get it? Am I doing something wrong?
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Dude Love wrote:I tried to send an announcement about TWAIN through the google group, but it doesn't seem like it went through? I sent my message from dinoian@gmail(dot)com to socalhsquizbowl@googlegroups(dot)com. Did anyone get it? Am I doing something wrong?
It looks like it went out to some addresses but not others. I got it via my personal account, but the Southern California High School Quizbowl Forwarding Service didn't. I'm not sure what the issue is/was. It definitely registers as a message if you check the group.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

UCSD is free to host HFT on any weekend in November.
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

Should I send it again then? Or should I register via a different e-mail and send it from there?
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Can someone confirm that people have gotten the Triton Fall and ASCII announcements? I want to make sure that the TWAIN issue is not a recurring problem.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

gyre and gimble
Yuna

I got emails for both.
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

I just tried to send another e-mail to the list, and I didn't receive it. Can someone help me out and get it to the list? Message is as follows:

Dear Coaches and Players,

This is a reminder that space is still available for UCLA's TWAIN X to be run on Saturday October 3, 2009. We are already gathering a strong field from across the region, and this tournament is a qualifier for both NAQT HSNCT and PACE NSC national tournaments. A full announcement regarding fees etc. is found at http://groups.google.com/group/socalhsq ... 920295605e. For further information feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Ian Drayer
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Okay, I swear something funny is going on with that list. The e-mail got sent out, and it's stored in the list archives, but it doesn't recognize you as having sent it. For what it's worth, I'm about 90% sure that the author of the message doesn't get the message when it goes out.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Okay, I should have (finally!) fixed the issue with the mailing list that prevented some people from receiving e-mails to the list. If you know of a coach that has not been getting these e-mails, please let me know at the e-mail address in my profile.

Ian, the message did actually go out, and you are now recognized as the author of that message. I'm not sure what was going on with the message beforehand, but authors appear not to get a copy of the e-mail they sent.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

Cool, thanks for all your help.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

Any word on whether technophobia jr., CBCT, and/or trojan wars are running again this year?
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
cvdwightw
Auron

Post by cvdwightw »

Irwin R Schyster wrote:Any word on whether technophobia jr., CBCT, and/or trojan wars are running again this year?
My guess is that Technophobia Jr. is Caltech's mirror of the Dunbar tournament, though I'm not 100% sure on that. If it isn't, it'll probably be in the spring.

CBCT will almost certainly be running this year; however, the fall calendar is already reaching the saturation point and I frankly don't have weekends to spare this quarter to help run anything. My best guess is that it will run on one of the like two weekends in the winter that there isn't a college tournament.
Dwight Wynne
socalquizbowl.org

warpoet
Wakka

Post by warpoet »

rylltraka wrote:I agree with Auroni's idea and would likewise provide similar support, or goad others at my school into doing so.
The ones in Irvine would probably be most desirable for y'all from NorCal. I'm psyched for the chance to play you guys, especially if half the games are as epic as when we played Bellarmine at Nationals...
Max Stivers
Santa Monica High '10
NYU '14
Tanay
Rikku

Post by Tanay »

warpoet wrote:
rylltraka wrote:I agree with Auroni's idea and would likewise provide similar support, or goad others at my school into doing so.
The ones in Irvine would probably be most desirable for y'all from NorCal. I'm psyched for the chance to play you guys, especially if half the games are as epic as when we played Bellarmine at Nationals...
That game was the very definition of epic. We won't get those types of games in NorCal, because our season here will consist of beating every team by triple digits, and then usually losing to Mission A by a similar margin. Hopefully, we can make this travel tournament happen.
Tanay
ex-Berkeley, ex-Bellarmine
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

cvdwightw wrote:Since the Morlan Preseason Top 50 came out (10-1 aren't out yet, but let's be realistic, there isn't a single SoCal school in that mix), I thought I'd give my Preseason Top 5 for SoCal:

5. Arcadia
The heavy lifters in terms of both organization and points scoring are gone, but they've been a remarkably consistent program and took the next step last year by acquitting themselves well at two college novice tournaments. They return the entire team that averaged the equivalent of 16.8 PPB at SCIENCE! and with any appreciable amount of practice that will increase by at least a couple of points. They'll get to HSNCT again this year, the question is whether they'll have the same regular-season drive to get back into the playoffs.

4. Rancho Bernardo
Lucas has the potential to be Anurag II; the question is whether he is going to maximize that potential. For now I'll estimate that Lucas as a junior will probably turn out similar to Anurag as a junior. The difference is that 2008 RB had a whole bunch of relatively interchangeable parts on the supporting cast; if RB's dedicated sophomores can provide that kind of supporting cast, they'll be right back on track to a high national finish - in 2011. For now, winning a couple of local tournaments and making HSNCT playoffs are achievable goals. Adding someone who can score while Lucas tunes out on pop culture is a must for NAQT success.

3. La Jolla
Personally, I think they're slightly overrated at #19 in the Morlan Top 50. This is their chance to prove me wrong. The big question is which of those 6 or 7 returners from the HSNCT experience is going to put in the effort to become a nationals-level #1. If they can get one or two people to put in that kind of effort, they could go far in the playoffs.

2. Santa Monica
And this is a team I feel is underrated at #31. Whoever they bring up from the B team should be up to speed by the end of the fall season, and their clear advantage on trash makes them a threat to win every NAQT tournament in the area. If everyone progresses as expected and they can bring their nationals-level bonus conversion up about 3 points, they'll rebound quite nicely from their (gasp!) worst HSNCT finish ever.

1. Torrey Pines
Unless Vivek's a supersenior, the Morlan Top 50 got that wrong, but I still think they merit a Top-15 national preseason ranking. Stephen is good enough to carry that team into the HSNCT playoffs by himself; Stephen plus a talented, motivated supporting cast is downright scary.

Everyone else: Edison loses a whole lot of point production and are in for a rebuilding year. University and North Hollywood also lose a lot of point production, but I'm more concerned that those programs are continuing than that they'll get back to HSNCT. San Dieguito's production has always been somewhat mercurial and too many other programs are too consistent for them to break into the top 5; they'll continue to be dangerous on a good day and average on a bad one. Pasadena Polytechnic remains under the radar because it seems like they haven't been to more than two tournaments a year since 2001; they could be good if they start getting out to stuff. Carlsbad's pyramidal question experiment will continue; hopefully the experience is starting to motivate some of their younger players. Rancho Alamitos returns both players that scored any appreciable amount of points for them last year; can they make the leap to the next level and steal a nationals bid from a weak field? Will some of the rarely-seen Orange County teams start regularly attending tournaments again? Will more Academic League teams start coming out of the woodwork and demonstrating hidden knowledge? This area's always been weird with a similar number of nationally elite teams to most other areas and comparatively fewer overall teams.
Results from TWAIN.

1) Torrey
2) Arcadia
3) Santa Monica
4) La Jolla (?)
5) Rancho (?)

Last two may be switched around.
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
davud363000
Lulu

Post by davud363000 »

First Post!!!!!! :grin:
I'd put RB before La Jolla, (it might just be my personal bias but) our A team beat theirs,and our B team beat theirs.
And I'd actually say SaMo is still 2nd, (i think )their stats at halftime were actually higher than anyone else except TP
David Hu
Rancho Bernardo HS '12
gyre and gimble
Yuna

So TWAIN obviously tells us Arcadia can do something without Derek Sun. Heck, Arcadia is pretty freaking awesome even without Derek Sun. On the other hand there was this huge semi-circle of death where all the top teams won and lost against each other and even had similar PPG.

Basically I think everybody needs to come down to UCSD for Triton Fall (including YOU, Santa Monica, even if it's not NAQT), so we can play on better questions that can more accurately determine who the better team is. Also San Diego is awesome, so everybody should come even if the questions are supposed to suck.

Ok so everybody's been saying IS-86 was pretty good for NAQT, but for me it was meh. I can't point out anything in particular except for a somewhat unpredictable distribution and weird power marks.
Stephen Liu
Torrey Pines '10
Harvard '14
Stanford '17
warpoet
Wakka

Post by warpoet »

gyre and gimble wrote: Basically I think everybody needs to come down to UCSD for Triton Fall (including YOU, Santa Monica, even if it's not NAQT), so we can play on better questions that can more accurately determine who the better team is. Also San Diego is awesome, so everybody should come even if the questions are supposed to suck.

Ok so everybody's been saying IS-86 was pretty good for NAQT, but for me it was meh. I can't point out anything in particular except for a somewhat unpredictable distribution and weird power marks.
Yeah, the distributions seemed somewhat lopsided from round to round...
As for San Diego tournaments, everything but the wakeup time sounds awesome. When is Triton Fall? Working around college apps and other commitments will be annoying, but I'll do what I can to get us there...
Max Stivers
Santa Monica High '10
NYU '14
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Post by Joe Romersa »

Triton Fall is November 21st, I believe. We'll try to go, but its a band day, so we'll be missing a lot of people.

TWAIN also tells us Stephen's as beastly as expected.

davud363000 wrote:First Post!!!!!! :grin:
I'd put RB before La Jolla, (it might just be my personal bias but) our A team beat theirs,and our B team beat theirs.
If you decide stats that way, remember that La Jolla beat Arcadia, Arcadia beat SaMo and Torrey, Torrey beat Arcadia, (Edison beat Arcadia...), Torrey beat SaMo, etc.
gyre and gimble wrote:Ok so everybody's been saying IS-86 was pretty good for NAQT, but for me it was meh. I can't point out anything in particular except for a somewhat unpredictable distribution and weird power marks.
i think the uneven distribution may have caused some of those wins. Or it shows that every team is capable of beating the other. yay chaos!
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
worldrallyblue
Kimahri

Post by worldrallyblue »

Yeah, the prescence of computational math bonuses (I don't think the NAQT distribution is edited on the website to reflect this) and some weird reappearances of certain topics threw me off a bit.
Eddie
Arcadia High '10, California
davud363000
Lulu

Post by davud363000 »

Irwin R Schyster wrote:(Edison beat Arcadia...)
How did that happen? RB B beat Edison and we lost to Arcadia A really badly
David Hu
Rancho Bernardo HS '12