Whatever happened to the Stanford Archives?

Old college threads.
Joe Romersa
Rikku

Whatever happened to the Stanford Archives?

Post by Joe Romersa »

No new updates since March 10th 2008? *edit* no new updates in a while. dates are weird?

or am I missing something?
Alex Wang
Arcadia High '10
UCLA '14 or so
Auroni
Auron

Re: Whatever happened to the Stanford Archives?

Post by Auroni »

the Stanford archives are updated much less frequently than they used to be. If you are looking for high school packets, then use quizbowlpackets.com. If you are looking for newer collegiate tournaments, then collegiate.quizbowlpackets.com is your best bet.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
Mechanical Beasts
Banned Cheater

Post by Mechanical Beasts »

The loss I'm saddest about is Gyaankosh, since it both implemented categories and had more than just tossups from past ACF tournaments (though ACFDB is great, of course).
Andrew Watkins
Mike Bentley
Sin

Post by Mike Bentley »

If the Stanford Archive is not being continued (or even if it is), could someone put a link up on it to quizbowlpackets.com?
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:The loss I'm saddest about is Gyaankosh, since it both implemented categories and had more than just tossups from past ACF tournaments (though ACFDB is great, of course).
I'm pleased to report ACFDB might be expanding soon. Don't hold me to it, but I'm trying.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Eärendil
Wakka

Post by Eärendil »

Yeah, my bad. There are two other admins for the archive and I just assumed one of them was uploading recent submissions. In any case, I've updated the page now. The archive has been seeing fewer and fewer submissions as of late, so there's not that much new stuff.
al3xWal3x wrote:No new updates since March 10th 2008? *edit* no new updates in a while. dates are weird?
Yeah, that was a typo and should have been "March 10th 2009." Fixed now.
Crazy Andy Watkins wrote:The loss I'm saddest about is Gyaankosh, since it both implemented categories and had more than just tossups from past ACF tournaments (though ACFDB is great, of course).
Gyaankosh has been suffering from runaway memory problems and I've only just gotten around to tinkering with it. I recently relaunched it with some code changes and it seems to be more stable. Feel free to put it through its paces though. Also, tournaments are steadily being added to it.
Arnav // Stanford University
Kouign Amann
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Kouign Amann »

Gyaankosh was working for about ten minutes today around 4:00 PM EDT, but then it stopped :(
Aidan Mehigan
St. Anselm's Abbey School '12
Columbia University '16 | University of Oxford '17 | UPenn GSE '19
Ringil
Rikku

Post by Ringil »

Prof.Whoopie wrote:Gyaankosh was working for about ten minutes today around 4:00 PM EDT, but then it stopped :(
It's back up. However, the past few days, it has been on and off :sad:
Libo
Washington '14, Michigan '13, Troy High School '09
Eärendil
Wakka

Post by Eärendil »

Yeah, the Apache server occasionally (and for as-of-yet-unknown reasons) goes over its memory limit and then gets killed by the server overlords. I'm working on a fix, but 'till then I'll be rebooting it manually whenever it goes down.

EDIT: I'll be away from home for the next week and can't guarantee that I'll be able to reboot the server if it goes down. In case it does, don't worry, I'll have it back up by the first week of September.
Arnav // Stanford University