Summer Camp (Fake TRASHionals Mirror) at UTC 6/21/09

Old college threads.
Your Genial Quizmaster
Rikku

Summer Camp (Fake TRASHionals Mirror) at UTC 6/21/09

Post by Your Genial Quizmaster »

I've gotten clearance to mirror Fake TRASHionals, so there will be a Summer Camp trash tournament on Sun. 6/21/09 at UTC, the day after our open delayed mirror of the NAQT HS NCT. This will be a relatively brief tournament, so the base fee will be $60 per team, with a $10 discount for teams that played in the Saturday NAQT Mirror. Registration will be at 8:30 AM EDT on Sun. 6/21, with tournament play beginning at 9 AM. Headquarters will be Holt 124. E-mail us at utcquizbowl [at] gmail [dot] com if you're interested in bringing (or finding) a team.
-- Charlie Steinhice
Coach, UTC Academic Trivia Association
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
utcquizbowl [at] gmail [dot] com

"Come, come! Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
-- Gen. John Sedgwick, 1864 (technically not his very last words, but close enough)
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Re: Summer Camp (Fake TRASHionals Mirror) at UTC 6/21/09

Post by gregpweinstein »

Wow I have really dropped the ball the past couple of weeks. Did not realize this tournament was happening. But I do believe I can still make it down there if any team needs someone or I can play as my own team. Thanks!
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
Your Genial Quizmaster
Rikku

Re: Summer Camp (Fake TRASHionals Mirror) at UTC 6/21/09

Post by Your Genial Quizmaster »

Given the relatively low number of packets, plus the fact that it's Father's Day, we are leaning strongly toward playing straight through from the 9 AM start time and try to finish up by 3 PM, in time for a late lunch. That should make it easier for some of the long-distance teams from Saturday to stick around, we hope.
-- Charlie Steinhice
Coach, UTC Academic Trivia Association
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
utcquizbowl [at] gmail [dot] com

"Come, come! Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
-- Gen. John Sedgwick, 1864 (technically not his very last words, but close enough)