GARBAGE Mirror at Mississippi State

Old college threads.
jhn31
Wakka

GARBAGE Mirror at Mississippi State

Post by jhn31 »

Mississippi State will be hosting a GARBAGE mirror on Sunday, March 1. It is packet submission, and here is the original GARBAGE thread:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6806

If you're interested in attending, email me at [email protected]
Harry, Mississippi State
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Re: GARBAGE Mirror at Mississippi State

Post by gregpweinstein »

This tournament is still going on, right? Because there hasnt been much activity on this thread, though this maybe just due to the time.

Also, I was going to a tournament that was packet submission, but is now a mirror so I now have a packet just laying around. I was wondering if there could be any price decrease, i know I am past the deadline, but I was just wondering due to my involvement with another tourney and just finding out, could anything be done.

My team is in discussion, and we should have an answer within a few days of whether or not we will come. thx
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 »

Yes, we are planning on having this tournament. We don't have any teams signed up though.
Harry, Mississippi State
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

well then my team officially signs up then. I have already sent my packet into the GARBAGE guys. and of course, please let us know if not enough teams sign up and then the tourney would be cancelled.
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 »

The tournament won't be cancelled, I'm pretty sure of that. There's enough MSU students who want to play that I'm sure we can field enough teams. Will yall be attending ACF Regionals too?
Harry, Mississippi State
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

ACF regionals? are you referring to the academic tournament the day before? I am unaware and I will have to ask my coach. I only speak on behalf of my trash team here. but ok, that is good to know that somehow, some way the tourney will continue. and we will be there
Berry College 2007-?
Kevin
Wakka

Post by Kevin »

[edit]--scratch that, looks like Tulane won't be sending teams, since we don't want to annoy the people who give us money by asking to go to tournaments three weeks apart.
Kevin Marshall
Coach, Mount Carmel Academy, New Orleans, LA (2014-present)
Coach, Chapelle HS, Metairie, LA (2011-2014)
player and/or secretary and/or captain, Tulane Quiz Bowl (2007-2009)
jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 »

There's this weird white stuff falling out of the sky and remaining on the ground. I've only seen this one time before.
Harry, Mississippi State
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Any word on stats?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
jhn31
Wakka

Post by jhn31 »

http://results.scobo.net/SQBS.aspx?org= ... =standings

Thanks to the MSU campus being blanketed in snow (like, actually), we were a bit understaffed on the day, but we did manage to get 6 rounds in with some MSU people rotating out who would read.

After that, some of the staff who did come had to leave, so we collapsed into 2 teams (Triple Lindy vs. whoever was left) and played the rest of the rounds. The Triple Lindy went 6-1 in those games, but apparently the scoresheets were thrown away and are gone forever.
Harry, Mississippi State