2008 Canadian Trash Regionals at the University of Toronto

Old college threads.
RhinoNosetackle
Kimahri

2008 Canadian Trash Regionals at the University of Toronto

Post by RhinoNosetackle »

TRASH DAY IN TORONTO!

Using some of the immortal words by hockey broadcasting legend, Foster Hewitt:

Hello Canada and TRASH fans in the United States!

The University of Toronto Trivia Club is pleased to announce our hosting of the 2008 Canadian TRASH Regionals on November 15th, 2008!

The tournament will be held at Sidney Smith Hall, 2nd Floor (100 St. George St.) on the St. George Campus in the heart of downtown
Toronto.

For a map of St. George Campus, please follow this link (Sidney Smith is denoted by the letters "SS"):

http://rrs.osm.utoronto.ca/map/f?p=110: ... 6829877712

Below are the Fees and Discount Structures for this tournament:

FEES
First team: $90
Second team: $80
Third team: $70
Fourth team and beyond: $65, with a $5 discount per team until $50

DISCOUNTS
Dedicated staff: -$10
Working buzzers: -$10 per set

Minimum Fee: $50 (per team)

The fees are in Canadian Dollars (CAD). For our American teams, we will accept US dollars at par. But, as you have seen over the past few weeks, it probably is cheaper if you convert it to Canadian. :D

To register, please provide all team names, team members, moderators/scorekeepers, and other dedicated staff to my email address:

nosetackle2005-AT-rogers-DOT-com

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me by using the same email address above.

Thanks for listening!
Rick "The Rhino"

Tournament Director, 2008 Canadian TRASH Regionals
Head Coach, University of Toronto Trivia Club
Toronto Maddogs Nosetackle / Strength Coach / Powerlifter
RhinoNosetackle
Kimahri

2008 Canadian Trash Regionals - ROSTER UPDATE #3

Hello everyone!

As of Tuesday, November 11th, the following teams have been officially registered for the TRASH tourney:

Queen's x 2
City of Rochester x 1
University of Rochester x 1
Waterloo x 2

Toronto house teams x 2 - 3 (provided we have adequate full-time staff & moderators)

The following teams have expressed interest but not yet registered:

Guelph x 2 - 3
McMaster x 2 - 3
Wilfrid Laurier et al. x 1

We are in desparate need of moderators (currently 4 full-time, 1 part-time), so if any registered or interested teams can spare quizmasters, discounts can be put against your entrance fees to reflect this. Because of this, we are increasing the discount for full-time moderators to -$15 (CAD).

There is still room for more teams so please don't hesitate to register at my email address:

nosetackle2005-AT-rogers-DOT-com

Another roster update and tourney logistics will be coming on Wednesday.

Thanks for listening,
Rick "The Rhino"

Tournament Co-Ordinator, 2008 Canadian TRASH Regionals
Head Coach, University of Toronto Trivia Club
Toronto Maddogs Nosetackle / Strength Coach
geoneb
Lulu

Re: 2008 Canadian Trash Regionals at the University of Toronto

Post by geoneb »

U of R will be sending two teams as well.
Ben Seitelman
University of Rochester
RhinoNosetackle
Kimahri

2008 Canadian Trash Regionals - Field UPDATE

Hello everyone,

Here are the teams fielding the 2008 Canadian TRASH Regionals as of November 13th:

University of Guelph x 2
McMaster University x 2
Queen's University x 2
City of Rochester Team
University of Rochester x 2
University of Waterloo x 2

Toronto house teams x 3

If there are any teams I have missed or too many teams mentioned above, please let me know ASAP.

As it stands, we have 14 teams which will be split into 2 divisions of 7 teams. Each team will play 6 games in the round robin phase. In the POWER rounds phase, teams will be re-bracketed based on their performance in the round robin with the top 6 teams playing off for the championship. The remaining 8 teams will be split into 2 consolation divisions of 4 teams. More details will be available on the day of the tournament.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rick "The Rhino"

RhinoNosetackle
Kimahri

2008 Canadian Trash Regionals - QUICK RESULTS

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to team AMERICAN BACON from Rochester, with Dan Blake, George Flevares, Eric Keihl, Melinda Adelman, and Heather Hynes, in winning the 2008 Canadian TRASH Regionals on Saturday!

The finals was on all-Rochester affair with team WACKY DELI YEAH! from the University of Rochester, consisting of Giant Jar of Mayo (?), Sal Ami (Calle Fitzgerald), The Cheese (Eric Merenstein?), Betty Bologna (Jon Marquis), taking runner-up honors.

Both teams ended up tied with a 9-2 record at the end of regulation; resulting in a one-game winner-take-all with AMERICAN BACON ending up on top by a score of 285-95.

Third place honors went to THE MINUS FIVE from the University of Toronto. Congratulations go to Eric "Iceman" Smith, Alex" Hitman" Darling, Miran "Macho Man" Terzic, and Jeremy "Hollywood" Benderoff.

Top Rookie team honors went to CONCIERGE MARIE from Queen's University for being the sole rookie team to advance to the Champions League top bracket filled with TRASH veteran teams.

MVP honors for went to Betty Bologna (aka Jon Marquis) from WACKY DELI YEAH!

And the "MOST NEGATIVES" award with 14 negs over 11 games went to Miran "Macho Man" Terzic from THE MINUS FIVE. (Fitting, eh?)

Full results will be coming this week.

Thank you to all those teams who participated in this tournament and the TRASH organization for an entertaining set of questions.

And a special thanks to Jason, Zarya, Zhan, Sinan, Peter, and Bobby for assisting me with moderating; and Chris for helping me out with tournament statistics.

Thanks for listening!

Rick "The Rhino"
RhinoNosetackle
Kimahri

2008 Canadian Trash Regionals STATS

Sorry everyone,

I have been very busy at work and forgot about the final stats. So here it is:

http://ca.geocities.com/nosetackle2005@ ... dings.html

Thanks for listening,
Rick "The Rhino"