OMG OFFICIAL: TRASH Regionals SE @ Berry College (11/16/08)

Old college threads.
ShorterPearson
Wakka

OMG OFFICIAL: TRASH Regionals SE @ Berry College (11/16/08)

Post by ShorterPearson »

(Scroll down for the good stuff.)

This is a friendly placeholder announcement that Berry College will be hosting TRASH Regionals Southeast on Sunday, November 16th. Registration will begin at 8:00 AM; we anticipate game-play beginning at 9:00 AM. The likely site of registration (and of gameplay) will be the Krannert Center. This is the day following Berry's Early Bird academic tournament; collegiate teams competing in both tournaments will receive a small discount for TRASH Regionals.

The tournament director for TRASH Regionals is Chuck Pearson; he will be ably assisted by Greg Weinstein. (At this point you should note that Chuck Pearson has nothing to do with Berry College, and indeed, while we hope people will attend both Berry's academic tournament and TRASH Regionals, that TRASH Regionals is not an official Berry College function. We would like to extend much appreciation and love to Wade Carpenter for his help in securing the facilities at Berry for TRASH's use on Sunday, and we hope you will also extend that appreciation to him when you attend.)

The fee schedule will be formalized shortly, but it should be very similar to other fee schedules for TRASH Regionals sites. We will accept registrations through e-mail at chuck dot pearson at dot GETLOSTYOUSTINKINGBOT gmail dot com.

Further details will be forthcoming.
Last edited by ShorterPearson on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Pearson
East Tennessee/Southwest Virginia quiz bowl flunky (and that won't change)
Vice President of Outreach (2018-2019), PACE (seriously, what even)
Associate Professor of Natural Science, Tusculum University (coming soon to a collegiate tournament in the Mid-South)
[email protected], @ShorterPearson where relevant
Jambi728
Kimahri

Re: Preliminary: TRASH Regionals SE at Berry College (11/16/08)

Post by Jambi728 »

Are you all still having the trash tournament at Berry College? I have sent emails to the guy but he hasnt replyed in weeks
BerryCollegeBowl
Wakka

Post by BerryCollegeBowl »

I'll check with Chuck, but I haven't heard of any problems.
Kricket Davis, Coach
Berry College College Bowl
Mount Berry, GA
[email protected]
Jambi728
Kimahri

Post by Jambi728 »

Thanks
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Post by gregpweinstein »

Trash Regionals is still being held at Berry College on November 16, 2008. Chuck and I apologize for the lack of information getting out to you, but all the information still stands. I can be reached at [email protected] if Chuck can not be reached and a question has arisen. Again, the tournament is still on jointly hosted by Shorter and Berry, and held at Berry College. The exact location is the Krannert building which is the building on the left as you enter and on the left after the roundabout. Again, do not hesitate to reach me if you have any questions. Thank you.
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
BerryCollegeBowl
Wakka

Post by BerryCollegeBowl »

Field update?
Kricket Davis, Coach
Berry College College Bowl
Mount Berry, GA
[email protected]
ShorterPearson
Wakka

Subject to be edited shortly

Post by ShorterPearson »

Oh, WOW, that was absolutely historic. Listen, I honestly can't tell you how exciting it is to have an African-American president. It feels like I've been in a stupor for weeks, the anticipation was so amazing.

So, where were we...yeah, so we're hosting TRASH Regionals at Berry on HOLY CRAP I'M RUNNING THIS TOURNAMENT IN TEN DAYS WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME? [1]

Oh, dear God, you must think I'm an idiot or something. Dude, this is bad. This is real bad. I have to make it up to you somehow.

---

TRASH Regionals Southeast will be taking place on November 16 at the Krannert Center at Berry College, just north of Rome, GA.

Registration will begin at 8:00 AM, with game-play starting at 9:00 AM. Please e-mail chuck dot pearson at NOSPAMHERE gmail dot com if you're coming (and, believe it or not, I will likely actually reply).

Okay, how I'm going to make it up to you:

First team: $70
Second team: $60
Third team and beyond: $50

Dedicated staff gets you $10 off the fee; each working buzzer system gets you $5 off the fee. (Between Berry's buzzers, Shorter's buzzers, and other privately held systems, I don't expect a problem with buzzer supply.)

Every cuss word in an e-mail telling me how horrible a slack-boy I am for letting things get this late without being well organized gets an additional $1 per word tacked on your fee. I don't need to be reminded. [2]

Minimum fee per team is $40.

All seriousness aside, thank you for your patience, and see you on the 16th.

chuck

[1] Yes, I'm kidding; yes, a lot of you HAVE e-mailed me to tell me; mea maxima culpa; I only wish I was in an Obama-related stupor.
[2] I'm kidding about this too. I think.
Chuck Pearson
Associate Professor of Natural Science, Tusculum University (coming soon to a collegiate tournament in the Mid-South)
gregpweinstein
Lulu

Re: OMG OFFICIAL: TRASH Regionals SE @ Berry College (11/16/08)

Post by gregpweinstein »

People have been wondering about the field for the tournament. As of now it is seeming like the usual suspects of SE trash teams.

Kearney et all
Dren et all (if he plays)
Georgia Perimeter
Berry

There might be a couple of others, and if I did not recognize you please send an email to both myself and Chuck Pearson so we may put you on the roster. Also, if you have not expressed interest yet, HURRY UP, haha time is running out and the more competitive the field the better. So let us know and try out some trash. Also, remember there is the Berry College early bird tournament the day before so if you play at both tournaments (seeing that your early bird team are college players) you also get a discount. So come play trash, you never know, you just might get a bid to trash nationals and win some very cool, odd prizes!
Mr. Charles Montgomery Burns, "I cant be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do."
Greg "Lover of red-headed women, The Simpsons, and various other stuff" Weinstein
Berry College 2007-?
ShorterPearson
Wakka

Post by ShorterPearson »

Dren just politely (!) reminded me that I didn't make anything formal about teams that are playing both the Southeastern academic tournament on Saturday and TRASH Regionals on Sunday. If you're playing the full weekend at Berry, your team is getting a $15 discount on TRASH Regionals fees, with the minimum of $40 per team still holding.

I also didn't mention travel; I won't say anything formal there, but I'm handling the finances of this thing out of my own little pocket (as the disclaimer up top says, this is not a Berry College Bowl event or a Shorter Academic Bowl event, this is something totally independent that Berry is being so kind as to let us use facilities for), so if you're coming from a long way and want to play, talk to me; we'll work something fair and equitable out.

chuck
Chuck Pearson
ShorterPearson
Wakka

Post by ShorterPearson »

The field for Sunday is quite stable. LSU has added to Georgia Perimeter, Berry, Kearney et al., and Rollins et al.

It is by no means too late to add to the field. I will not finalize the standard n-2 to n+2 schedules until Saturday night. If you are still interested, by all means, drop a quick note.

And if any of the appointed teams have the standard trashy names they would like to announce, please feel free to e-mail.

Thanks for your patience and generosity, all. See you Saturday.

(EDIT on Saturday midday: The field is NOT as stable as I thought. Dion/Fernandes et al. has added. And there is the prospect of an additional team of Rome-based players. Whee...)
Chuck Pearson