Looking for writers/editors for Spring 2022 Medium tournament

Old college threads.
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Looking for writers/editors for Spring 2022 Medium tournament

Post by Zealots of Stockholm »

Hello everyone, several members of the Vanderbilt club are planning on producing a medium-ish difficulty set (name TBD) in the spring of 2022, probably to be ready around February-March, but that detail can be nailed down later. Specifically, the set will aim to be a bit harder than EFT, while still remaining significantly easier than sets like IKEA, Penn Bowl, and ACF Regionals. Good comparison sets will ideally be 2020 LIT and the 2019 edition of Terrapin. Eric Mukherjee will be head editing. The set will mostly resemble a standard mACF distribution (20/20, etc.). I will handle the various logistics that accompany a set. Eric will be editing science, with Conor Thompson editing religion, geo/ce/other, and other science, and I am willing to edit all of the literature + visual arts, though would also welcome a/an outside editor(s) to edit some of these subcategories [edit: lit editing full, would still welcome someone who wanted to edit other arts].

We attempted to find another club to partner with to write this set, but that search failed. If your club as a whole (or at least, several members) would be interested in contributing a large amount to this set (>200 questions) as well as providing some subject editors, reach out to me ASAP. Otherwise, we are searching for collaborators on an individual basis. Specifically, we are in need of editors for History, Myth, and P/SS, We are also seeking writers in all categories [edit: except literature now]. We are willing to take on writers with little experience for this project, as well as allowing new editors to get experience. If you've never edited a college set before, you would be limited to editing a small amount (probably 1/1), and previous work on a college set (or perhaps difficult HS) is required. Samples will not be required to "apply" to write for this set. If you'd like to edit, please point me to some of your previous work in your email (particularly if you haven't edited before); there's no need to write fresh questions.

If you'd like to work on this set, please email me, and include in what capacity you'd like to work on the set. I can be reached at westchandler24 AT gmail DOT com, and would greatly prefer you contact me via this method instead of forums PM. I ask that writers interested in working on this set be able to commit to writing a minimum of 10 questions, as well as respond to feedback in a timely manner. Considering the set is over a year out, I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
Last edited by Zealots of Stockholm on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Vanderbilt University '22
Auburn University '20
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) '16
Full Member, ACF; Member, PACE
Writer/editor, ACF, PACE, IQBT
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Re: Looking for writers/editors for Spring 2022 Medium tournament

quick update: Will Alston will be editing auditory arts for this tournament. I'll be splitting the lit up with Jacob O'Rourke and Henry Atkins. We are still seeking editors in history (all subcategories), myth, phil, and SS. There was a large amount of interest from writers in just one day, so at this point I'm going to say we have enough literature writers. Writers interested in writing any other category are still more than welcome, and potential additional writers could still pitch in some literature questions, though if you reach out after this post was made it would be preferred if the majority of your contributions be in other categories.
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

Another update (also wow there's been a ton of interest in just two days!): Jaimie Carlson will edit the myth for this tournament.

At this time, we are still searching for editors and writers in philosophy, social science, and history. Given the large amount of interest from writers, I am going to ask that any others interested in writing for this set be interested primarily in writing the aforementioned categories. Additionally, in order to ensure that the newer writers already signed up for this set are able to get good feedback on their questions, and that editors aren't asked to do too much, we will not be accepting any more new writers after the time of this post. I will define new here as "has never worked on a college set before."
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20
Zealots of Stockholm
Tidus

We have editors for all subjects now. We could still maybe use a writer or two in history, SS, or philosophy if anyone else is interested. Probably won't have an "official" announcement for the set for a while, but I'll list all of the editors here:
Eric Mukherjee (head; bio, chem, physics), Chandler West (American and World lit, painting/sculpture), Will Alston (auditory arts, philosophy), Conor Thompson (other science, religion, geo/CE/other ac), Ganon Evans (American and World history), Erik Christensen (Euro and British/other history), Jaimie Carlson (myth), Sam Bailey (SS), Will Grossman (other visual arts), and Jacob O'Rourke + Henry Atkins (splitting the Euro and British lit in a TBD fashion).
Chandler West
Staff, Emory
Auburn University '20