(No Longer) Seeking Science Writers for Delta Burke

Old college threads.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

(No Longer) Seeking Science Writers for Delta Burke

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Howdy! So I'm looking for some young writers looking to make a name for themselves on these tough quiz bowl streets (or more experienced writers who are bored and/or who want to make some dough) by writing some novice-level science questions. I'm planning to scale back Delta Burke to just ten rounds this year, meaning I need 40/40 of science. I'll be happy to share loads of previous science questions from the sets as examples, but of course you could see some in the archives anytime.

I can pay $7/question (either toss-up or bonus) that requires little to no editing on my part. That will include proper formatting and editing for grammar, syntax, and coherence (I'll share formatting details with applicants); I'm going to count on having people who know how to write good science content because I don't want to have to worry about that! You'll be required to fill out a vendor form and tax ID form for Valencia College, so you need to be 18 or up (or use a front, like in that movie!). [NOTE: I do not condone using a front.]

I'll be looking for 30/30 of the big three (10/10 bio, 10/10 chem, 10/10 physics) and 10/10 other (geology, oceanography, astronomy, meteorology, math, phrenology, divination). Prospective writers can write in all areas or pick one.

Toss-ups for DB should be very gettable at the end but can experiment with interesting openers/first clues. The difficulty level should be a bit easier than ACF Fall. Toss-ups should be 5-6 lines (with a few rare sevens okay).

I'd want all submissions by Sunday, November 8.

If you're interested, e-mail me at chrisdborglum at gmail and let me know how many questions you want to commit to produce. If you have previous science questions you've written, include a couple of them. When I get commitments to write over 40 toss-ups and 40 bonuses, the application window will close.
Last edited by ValenciaQBowl on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Seeking Science Writers for Delta Burke

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

I'm pleased to say that I've already gotten commitments for all of the biology, and about 15+/25 of the chemistry, physics, and other. If you're reading this and would like to write around 10/7, please contact me at the e-mail address listed in the above post.
Chris Borglum
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: Seeking Science Writers for Delta Burke

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

I've got enough science writers now, so I'm no longer seeking. However, if you're still interested, I'll likely need to hire out for some science questions for the Florida College System Activities Association Regional and State tournaments scheduled (tentatively) for early February and late March, so you can let me know if you'd like to be contacted about that later this fall. Thanks!
Chris Borglum