ARCADIA Playtest (October 9, 2021)

Old college threads.
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

ARCADIA Playtest (October 9, 2021)

Post by Heiliger Dankgesang »

On behalf of the ARCADIA set production team, I am pleased to announce that there will be an online playtest mirror of ARCADIA on October 9, 2021. Further details about the set can be found here.

Please direct any questions about this tournament to me at jacob [DOT] egol [AT] duke [DOT] edu or post them in this thread.

Time and Place:

This tournament will be held on October 9, 2021 on Discord, with Round 1 beginning at 10:00 am Eastern Time. A link to the tournament server will be sent to all registered teams during the week of the tournament.

Rules:

This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules, with their addenda for the inclusion of powermarks and any necessary modifications for online quizbowl.

Eligibility:

This tournament is open to all “open” players (that is, players not currently affiliated with any academic institution), as well as to any closed collegiate teams from ARCADIA host schools comprised of players who will staff or otherwise not play said institutions’ mirrors of ARCADIA. We anticipate having collegiate mirrors throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom between October 30, 2021 and January/February 2022.

If you do not fit into either of the above categories but would like to play this tournament, please email me explaining your situation.

Please also note that we reserve the right to split up teams that we feel are too strong and won't help us adequately playtest our set.

To register for this tournament, please email me at jacob [DOT] egol [AT] duke [DOT] edu.

A team formation spreadsheet is available here. Please note that you are still required to email me in order to officially register.

This tournament’s field will be capped at 12 teams.

Payment:

The fee for this tournament will be $80 per team. Payment by Venmo or PayPal is preferred; if this does not work for you, please contact me and another form of payment can be arranged.

Code of Conduct:

The ARCADIA production team is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. All players and staff will be required to affirm a Code of Conduct prior to this tournament in order to participate in it.

Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to playtesting ARCADIA soon!
Last edited by Heiliger Dankgesang on Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Re: ARCADIA Playtest (October 9, 2021)

Registration for this playtest mirror is still open— we're ideally looking for a few more teams/players for next Saturday.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

We are closing the field at 6 teams for a double round-robin. All free agents have been assigned to teams. A logistics email with a Discord server link and other pertinent information is forthcoming.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

The logistics email has just been sent out.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
mico
Lulu

Post by mico »

Thank you to everyone who came out to the Playtest mirror yesterday. Congratulations to bruh (Tejas Raje, Aseem Keyal, Benji Nguyen, and Eric Chen) for emerging from the double round robin with a 7-3 record. Congrats also to Robobo, There Below (Matt Bollinger, Rob Carson, Andrew Wang, and Chinmay Kansara), A Sulphuric Utopia (Mike Bentley, Will Alston, Jason Cheng, and Tris Cole), and Homi Bhabha is You (Taylor Harvey, Jonathen Settle, Nick Jensen, and Vikshar Athreya), all of which finished with 6-4 records. Stats for the tournament can be found here. Please also pay Jacob if you haven't already and join the forum discussion group.
Grant Peet
North Carolina '20, '22