Spring Novice at MIT (4/17/21)

Old college threads.
ayz
Kimahri

Spring Novice at MIT (4/17/21)

Post by ayz »

Hello everyone! This is an official announcement that the Northeast site of Spring Novice will be hosted by MIT virtually on Discord on Saturday, April 17th, with an opening meeting at 8:45 AM, and rounds starting at 9 AM ET. This tournament is open to schools from CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME.

Registration
To register for this tournament, please email me at [email protected]. Note that a credit or debit card will be required for payment. If this is absolutely infeasible for your team, mention this in your registration email so that we can work out an alternative.

Fees and Discounts
  • $80 per team
  • $50 per team for teams new to quizbowl (defined as having not played a tournament in the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons)
Eligibility
This tournament is intended for players with no or very little quizbowl experience. You are not eligible for this tournament if you meet any of the following criteria:
  • You have ever scored more than 60 points per game at a quizbowl tournament (excluding middle school tournaments).
  • You have made the playoffs at HSNCT or top 32 at NSC.
  • You have played ICT (DI or DII) or ACF Nationals.
If you meet one or more of these criteria but believe you still fit the intended audience of this tournament, please email [email protected] to request an eligibility exemption.

We will be using standard rules for online play; this includes relatively strict but also standard cheating and harassment rules. (In particular, this includes a requirement for competitors to have their camera on.) More details will be sent to registered teams; if this concerns you or you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or by emailing me.
Alan Zhu
MIT '23
ayz
Kimahri

Re: Spring Novice at MIT (4/17/21)

Post by ayz »

Registration is now closed.

Field:
JHU - 1
Tufts - 1
Amherst - 1
MIT - 1
Last edited by ayz on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Zhu
MIT '23
ayz
Kimahri

Re: Spring Novice at MIT (4/17/21)

Post by ayz »

There are still some spots open in the field, so here's another reminder: registrations will close at 8 PM, EDT on Wednesday, April 14th; sign up by emailing me at [email protected]!
Alan Zhu
MIT '23