2021 WORKSHOP Canadian Mirror at McMaster - March 6th, 2021

Old college threads.
kanenguyen9
Lulu

2021 WORKSHOP Canadian Mirror at McMaster - March 6th, 2021

Post by kanenguyen9 »

The McMaster Trivia Club is happy to announce the Canadian mirror of 2021 WORKSHOP, which will be co-tournament directed by me, Kane Nguyen, and Emmet Blanchett. The tournament will be held on Saturday, March 6th, 2021 virtually on Discord, with the start time to be determined. Questions about the tournament can be directed to quizbowl at mcmaster dot ca or @Kane#1983 on Discord.

Rules and Eligibility

The tournament will adopt the general gameplay rules and eligibility criteria set by ACF, with slight amendments in respect to the presence of power-marking and advanced statistics. The tournament is closed to teams playing for a Canadian educational institution, barring extraordinary exceptions.

Like most other online tournaments, this mirror will be instituting a camera/webcam policy. If a player has a situation where the use of a camera/webcam is not possible, please contact me via discord or email so we can figure out a solution.

Registration

To register for this tournament as a team or a staffer, sign up into this google sheets. The tentative field cap is set at eight teams, with the cap being increased as more staffers are secured. Registration can also occur via messaging me on discord or by email, and the registration deadline will be on March 3rd at 11:59pm EST.

Fees and Payment

<<< Base Fee >>> $90 CAD
<<< Incomplete Team Discount >>> -$15 CAD per shorthanded player
<<< Team Staffer Discount* >>> -$15 CAD
<<< Newcomer Discount >>> -$30 for any team from a school that did not send any contingent to a college-level quizbowl tournament before September 1st, 2019.
<<< Minimum Fee >>> $60

Non-team affiliated staffers will receive $20 for reading and scorekeeping for the day.

*Staffers are advised to complete an online moderator training module developed by ACF in order to get acquainted the responsibility of a quizbowl moderator.

Code of Conduct

Everyone wanting to participate in the Canadian mirror of WORKSHOP must read, agree and abide to the tournament’s code of conduct. Along with the WORKSHOP code of conduct, I have also tagged the McMaster SSCM’s code and netiquette guide as external references of how one should behave in a McMaster-affiliated event. With these measures, the McMaster Trivia Club are committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for all quizbowlers, staffers and anyone inbetween.
Kane Nguyen
Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute (2013 - 2017)
McMaster University (2017 - 2022)
McMaster University (2022 - 2024)
kanenguyen9
Lulu

Re: 2021 WORKSHOP Canadian Mirror at McMaster - March 6th, 2021

Post by kanenguyen9 »

Congrats to Toronto for winning the Canadian mirror of WORKSHOP with a record of 8 and 2. Rounding out the top 3 is UBC A and UBC B, both sporting 6 and 4 records.

As well, congrats to our top scorer from McGill B, Kevin Fan, for being the mirror's top scorer with 62.00 ppg. Kevin Fan also won the neg prize with 20 negs, surpassing perennial neg prize contender Jay Misuk for the accolade.

I want to give a big thanks to the staffers (Jack, Milan, Rico, Marcell, Murad) and my co-TD Emmet for helping the tournament be run as smoothly as possible.

Stats can be seen with this link: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6 ... all_games/.
Kane Nguyen
Cameron Heights Collegiate Institute (2013 - 2017)
McMaster University (2017 - 2022)
McMaster University (2022 - 2024)