STASH at McGill University (2/13/2021)

Old college threads.
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

STASH at McGill University (2/13/2021)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

I am happy to announce that the McGill University Trivia Club will be holding a mirror of STASH on February 13th, 2021. This tournament will take place on Discord, with a pre-tournament meeting at 9:45am and gameplay beginning at 10:00am sharp. Cameras will be mandatory; if you cannot use a camera, please contact us well in advance. I, Henry Atkins, will serve as the tournament director.

Registration
To register, please email me with the number of teams and staffers you plan to send at henrya20 at gmail by February 8th. Freelance staffers are very welcome and can reach me at the same address.

Eligibility
This is a closed Canadian mirror. Players must meet ACF's eligibility rules and attend a school located within Canada. Exceptions will be considered in coordination with the set editors.

STASH is a PACE NSC-level set (HS nats/easy college) intended to be played only by less-experienced collegiate teams. While we have opted not to set hard-and-fast eligibility restrictions, we ask that clubs please exercise discretion in the strength of teams they send. Please do not register for this tournament if you have played in collegiate nationals tournaments or expect to earn scoring prizes in full-strength circuit fields. If you are unsure whether you should play, please have someone in your club reach out to us first.

Fees
  • Base fee: $80 CAD
  • Staffing discount: -$20 per staffer
  • New to quizbowl discount: -$45
  • Minimum fee: $35
Teams will receive a logistics email with the Discord link and misconduct procedure the week of the tournament. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach me at the above email address.

I look forward to seeing you all in February!
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: STASH at McGill University (2/13/2021)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

Congratulations to Western A for a narrow win in a one game final over McGill B! Stats for this tournament can be found here.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: STASH at McGill University (2/13/2021)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

The stat report for this tournament has been updated to reflect the retroactive disqualification of one of the teams.
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill