Southeast Online Mirror of WORKSHOP 2021 - 3/6/2021

Old college threads.
AnthonyD
Kimahri

Southeast Online Mirror of WORKSHOP 2021 - 3/6/2021

Post by AnthonyD »

This is the announcement for the Southeast regional online mirror of WORKSHOP 2021, which will take place on March 6th, 2021. This tournament will use Advanced Stats. More information on the WORKSHOP set can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24269

This tournament is open to closed college teams from KY, TN, SC, GA, AL, MS, and FL that meet ACF's eligibility rules, which can be found here: https://acf-quizbowl.com/eligibility-rules/

This tournament will take place over Discord, and start at 9 AM eastern time. The discord link will be sent to all registered teams via email the night before the tournament. The use of webcams will be required for this tournament. If you cannot use a webcam for any reason, please contact me at [email protected] explaining your situation. Players are also required to keep one hand visible at all times on the camera while in matches.
This tournament will be using ACF online gameplay rules with powers.

Registration
To register for this tournament, please email [email protected] with the number of teams you will be bringing, their rosters, and the number of staffers you will be bringing (and their names and contact information), if any.

Please register no later than February 27th, 2021. The field is presently capped at 16 teams, but expansion if possible if there is enough interest and staff.

Code of Conduct
We are committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for all participants. All players and staffers must affirm the WORKSHOP 2021 Code of Conduct before participating. The Code of Conduct can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Og ... f3uyk/edit

Staff
If you are interested in staffing this tournament, please email me at [email protected].

Fees
This tournament will cost $90 per team. Payment by Venmo is preferred, but if that is not possible please let me know and another form of payment can be arranged.

Discounts:
$20 off of your school's total registration fee for each EXPERIENCED staffer who staffs for the entirety of the tournament. Staff must be able to complete a round in 40-45 minutes, must have functional laptops and internet connectivity, and are highly encouraged to complete ACF’s interactive online moderator training if they have not already done so. Said moderator training can be found here: https://acf-quizbowl.com/online-moderator-training/. While your school may supply as many staff as you please, you will not be discounted beyond your minimum fee.
-$20 for colleges that did not attend a collegiate tournament outside of NAQT Collegiate Novice, ACF Fall and NAQT SCT DII in the last academic year (i.e. September 2019 – May 2020)
Minimum fee: $50 per team

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any further questions. We look forward to seeing you all virtually on March 6th, 2021!
Anthony Delgado (he/him/his)
University of Florida '22
Gator Quiz Bowl Vice President, Fall 2020-Present
AnthonyD
Kimahri

Re: Southeast Online Mirror of WORKSHOP 2021 - 3/6/2021

Post by AnthonyD »

Just a reminder that there is still room in the field for more teams. Also, we could use more staffers. If you would like to register a team or are interested in staffing, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Current Field (as of 2/23)
University of North Florida (1)
University of Michigan (1)
Vanderbilt (2)
University of Alabama at Birmingham (1)
University of Kentucky (1)
Last edited by AnthonyD on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony Delgado (he/him/his)
University of Florida '22
Gator Quiz Bowl Vice President, Fall 2020-Present