Spring Novice at UNC and Duke

Old college threads.
I like cookies
Lulu

Spring Novice at UNC and Duke

Post by I like cookies »

I am pleased to announce that the Lower Mid-Atlantic site of the collegiate Spring Novice tournament will be co-hosted by UNC and Duke on March 27, 2021. This tournament will be hosted on Discord, with an opening meeting at 8:45 AM and gameplay beginning at 9:00 AM. This tournament is open to schools from North Carolina, Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia.

Registration
Please fill out this google form to register. The last day to register is March 24.

Fees and Discounts
  • $80 per team
  • -$30 for teams new to quizbowl (defined as having not played a tournament in the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons)
  • -$25 per experienced staffer
Payment
You may pay through check, PayPal, or Venmo - further details will be given upon registration. Please let us know if none of these options will work for you.

Eligibility
This tournament is intended for players with no or very little quizbowl experience. Players with extensive quizbowl experience are encouraged to help staff. You are not eligible for this tournament if you meet any of the following criteria:
  • You have ever scored more than 60 points per game at a quizbowl tournament (excluding middle school tournaments).
  • You have made the playoffs at HSNCT or top 32 at NSC.
  • You have played ICT (DI or DII) or ACF Nationals.
If you meet one or more of these criteria but believe you still fit the intended audience of this tournament, please email [email protected] to request an eligibility exemption.

Any questions about the tournament can be directed to me at [email protected].
Last edited by I like cookies on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin O Thomas
Enloe '18
UNC '22
I like cookies
Lulu

Re: Spring Novice at UNC and Duke

Post by I like cookies »

Just a reminder to sign up if you're interested!

Field
UVA: 1
Wake Forest: 1
VCU: 1
UNC/Duke: 1
Last edited by I like cookies on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin O Thomas
Enloe '18
UNC '22
I like cookies
Lulu

Post by I like cookies »

We've extended the registration date to Wednesday, the 24th. If your interested in playing, make sure to sign up!
Kevin O Thomas
Enloe '18
UNC '22
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Thanks for playing and staffing yesterday! Players and staff are encouraged to join the Spring Novice discussion forum (it can be found under the Usergroups tab on your user control panel).
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF