NAQT SCT at MIT (2/8/20)

Old college threads.
person361
Lulu

NAQT SCT at MIT (2/8/20)

Post by person361 »

I am pleased to announce that the New England site of the NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament will take place on February 8, 2020.

LOCATION: This tournament will take place at MIT. Tournament games will take place in buildings 26, 34, and 36. Check-in will begin at 8:30 in 34-101 (located in building 34). A campus map may be found here.

GETTING TO MIT: MIT is easily accessible via the Boston T system by taking the Red Line to the Kendall/MIT stop. We recommend teams avoid driving if possible, as parking is very difficult to find on the MIT campus.

QUESTION SET: There are separate sets of Division I and Division II questions. Division II eligibility rules can be found here. Each game will be untimed with 11-question halves.

FEES:
Base fees: $145 for the first team from a school; $120 for second or subsequent teams

DISCOUNTS:
$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)
$40 discount per experienced moderator
$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted the SCT in 2018 or 2019)
$10 discount (per team) for teams that travel 200 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to MIT by Google Maps)

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 8th. Please pay by cash or by a check made out to "MIT Quiz Bowl Team".

REGISTRATION: This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. Register here.

Please feel free to contact me at ericlu [AT] mit [DOT] edu if you have any questions or concerns about the tournament. We look forward to hosting your team for an exciting day of quizbowl!
Eric Lu
Montgomery Blair HS '16
MIT '20
person361
Lulu

Re: NAQT SCT at MIT (2/8/20)

Post by person361 »

The field is available here.

Registration closes within a week!
Eric Lu
Montgomery Blair HS '16
MIT '20
person361
Lulu

Post by person361 »

In Division I, Yale A cleared the field at 10-0. Harvard A came in second at 8-2, and Harvard B came in third at 6-4. Harvard C won the UG title by defeating Boston College A in the first game of an advantaged final.

In Division II, Yale C won the tournament with a playoff record of 7-0. Brown A finished at 6-1 but declined to play a final, making them second place. Harvard E was 5-2, which was good for third.

Thanks to all teams who came and competed! Special thanks to the D2 field who stayed patient throughout the 40-minute protest delay. I hope that everybody had a fun day of quizbowl!
Eric Lu
Montgomery Blair HS '16
MIT '20
person361
Lulu

Post by person361 »

Stats are here. The list of D-values is being compiled by NAQT here.
Eric Lu
Montgomery Blair HS '16
MIT '20