Michigan Winter Mirror @ North Texas

Old college threads.
Roman_Madoerin
Kimahri

Michigan Winter Mirror @ North Texas

Post by Roman_Madoerin »

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to announce that the University of North Texas will be hosting a mirror of Michigan Winter on February 22nd, 2020.

We will likely have the tournament in the Business Leadership Building: 1307 W Highland St, Denton, TX 76201
This link goes to a campus map: https://transportation.unt.edu/sites/de ... arking.pdf
You can park in the parking garage on Highland Street, or buy a day parking pass to park in any lot on campus for about $5 here: https://unt.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal

Entry Fees:

Base Fee: $120 per team
Buzzers: -$10 per each working buzzer system
Staffing: -$20 per staffer with a working laptop
Travel Discount : -$20 per 200 miles traveled (as determined by distance between schools on Google maps)

You can pay with cash or check, but please make checks out to the UNT Quizbowl Club.
To sign up for the tournament, email me at [email protected]. Please tell me how many teams you are bringing, the team names, the names of the players on the roster for each team, and how many buzzer sets and staffers you plan to bring.

Field Limit
We will cap the field at 12 teams for now, but we can expand if we have enough interest.

Eligibility
This is a closed collegiate tournament, so we will only allow teams with players who attend the same college together. We will also allow high school teams to compete, but only high school teams with players who attend the same high school are allowed. We will not allow chimera teams.

Food
There are a few decent options within walking distance from campus. We have a Chipotle, Jimmy John's, Salata, and a Potbelly's all on the north end of campus off Fry Street. We also have good local Pho, Sushi, Chinese, and Pizza options close to campus. Just talk to me about what you're in the mood for on the day of the tournament, and I'll probably be able to direct you somewhere close to campus.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me! I hope to see you all the day of the tournament!
Roman Madoerin
North Texas
Roman_Madoerin
Kimahri

Re: Michigan Winter Mirror @ North Texas

Post by Roman_Madoerin »

Here is an update on the current field:
Plano West A
Plano West B
Texas A
Texas B
UT Dallas
We still have plenty of spots, so feel free to sign up by emailing me at [email protected]!
Roman Madoerin
North Texas
Roman_Madoerin
Kimahri

Re: Michigan Winter Mirror @ North Texas

Post by Roman_Madoerin »

Thank you to everyone who participated in the tournament! Texas A won with an 8-1 record, followed by Texas B with a 7-2 record. The top three scorers were Ashwath Seetharaman from Texas A, Graham Stockton from Texas B, and Sendhil Sridhar from Texas B. Stats can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/6 ... standings/
Roman Madoerin
North Texas