Penn Bowl at UT Austin (10/19/19)

Old college threads.
Bensonfan23
Wakka

Penn Bowl at UT Austin (10/19/19)

Post by Bensonfan23 »

I am pleased to announce that the South/Texas site of Penn Bowl 2019 will be held at UT Austin on Saturday, October 19th, 2019. I will be the tournament director for this tournament. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected].

The tournament will take place in Mezes Hall, with team check-in beginning at 8 in Mezes 1.102 and gameplay beginning at 9.

Eligibility
This tournament will follow ACF's eligibility rules for 2019-2010. ACF’s full eligibility rules are available here. Questions about eligibility should be directed to myself at the email listed above.

High School Teams:
Unlike our ACF Fall mirror, high school teams are explicitly allowed to play this tournament. Chimeras are not allowed under any circumstances.

Rules
This tournament will follow ACF’s official gameplay rules. ACF’s official gameplay rules.

To register, please email myself at [email protected] with 1) your team name and number of teams, 2) the number of buzzers 3) staffers with laptops you will be bringing, and 4) whether you traveled more than 200 miles one-way.

Fees
Base fee: $120
Buzzers: –$5 per functional system
Staffers: –$15 per staffer with functional laptop
Travel: –$10 per 200 miles traveled one-way
Minimum fee per team is $50.

Current Field:
Texas: A, B, C
North Texas: A
Ryan Humphrey
UT Austin (Cell & Developmental PhD Program, 2018-?)
Duke University (Biology and History, Class of 2018)
George Washington High School (Charleston, WV, Class of 2014)
Former PACE Member (2017-2019)
Bensonfan23
Wakka

Re: Penn Bowl at UT Austin (10/19/19)

Post by Bensonfan23 »

This tournament happened, and Texas went 9-0 to clear the field with Texas B finishing in second! Thanks to everyone who helped this tournament happen, especially North Texas for signing up last minute to allow the tournament to happen at all, and to Nathaniel and Vik for volunteering as moderators.

Full stats can be found here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5 ... all_games/

Anyone interested in detailed stats or discussing the set should join the private discussion forum as soon as that is available.
Ryan Humphrey
UT Austin (Cell & Developmental PhD Program, 2018-?)
Duke University (Biology and History, Class of 2018)
George Washington High School (Charleston, WV, Class of 2014)
Former PACE Member (2017-2019)