GUERILLA NYC Summer Open Main Thread

Old college threads.
csheep
Wakka

Re: GUERILLA NYC Summer Open Main Thread

Post by csheep »

Thanks for running the event Raynor. The logistics and communication were on point.
Michael Z
NYU '13
A Lust-Fanned Dairy Tale
Lulu

Post by A Lust-Fanned Dairy Tale »

Many thanks for running this, Raynor! I had a great time modding and meeting everyone in person.
Sadie Britton

Director of Communications, PACE
PACE Representative, Quizbowl Misconduct Form

William & Mary '20ish
University of Mississippi '23
Twin Cities-based staffer & logistician for hire.

Whatever and ever, amen.
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

Hi, thank you to everyone for coming, hopefully quality was up to standard. I will have more detailed thanks in a direct email to you all, and also thank you for bearing with any of the difficulties / stress inducing events over the weekend (it has also given me valuable lessons for the future if this is run again).

Raw stats are publicly available, but I will try and soon directly post the summarized stats here (and Daniel Hothem has graciously volunteered to summarize the CANONEXPANSION and Unanswered Question stats).
Apologies if it takes 2 or 3 days.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
Smuttynose Island
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by Smuttynose Island »

UlyssesInvictus wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:19 pm Daniel Hothem has graciously volunteered to summarize the CANONEXPANSION and Unanswered Question stats
They are up (with a few errors)!

Unanswered Question

CANONEXPANSION
Daniel Hothem
TJHSST '11 | UVA '15 | Oregon '??
"You are the stuff of legends" - Chris Manners
https://sites.google.com/site/academicc ... ubuva/home
csheep
Wakka

Post by csheep »

UlyssesInvictus wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:19 pm Raw stats are publicly available, but I will try and soon directly post the summarized stats here (and Daniel Hothem has graciously volunteered to summarize the CANONEXPANSION and Unanswered Question stats).

Do these raw stats include the GLOBEZ shootout/where might they be seen if so?
Michael Z
NYU '13
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

csheep wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 pm
UlyssesInvictus wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:19 pm Raw stats are publicly available, but I will try and soon directly post the summarized stats here (and Daniel Hothem has graciously volunteered to summarize the CANONEXPANSION and Unanswered Question stats).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The GOLBEZ stats should be in their own spreadsheet, and technically already have summary stats, but while I was working on them I noticed that some of the formulae a little off, so take those with a grain of salt.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
csheep
Wakka

Post by csheep »

UlyssesInvictus wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:05 pm
csheep wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:13 pm

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The GOLBEZ stats should be in their own spreadsheet, and technically already have summary stats, but while I was working on them I noticed that some of the formulae a little off, so take those with a grain of salt.
Cool thanks. The Michael C listes in the stats is probably me, Michael Z.
Michael Z
NYU '13
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Just sent out thank you emails and mirror fee followups. If you know I mirrored your event, but you haven't received something yet, let me know.

As I mentioned in one of my thank you emails, I'm going to donate all the money I personally made to the Trevor Project. (Inspired by Jason Thompson, who similarly encouraged me to donate any extra proceeds from GOLBEZ to an LGBTQ+ charity.) If you really enjoyed any of the events over the weekend, please consider donating as well. You can find a donation page here: https://give.thetrevorproject.org/give/ ... src2=2019w

This ended up taking a lot of time over the last two months, so I'm not sure if I'll run it again next year, but I hope everyone who attended Saturday and/or Sunday had a lot of fun!

Apologies about stats: it'll probably take at least a few more days for those to be collected. Again, raw stats can be found in the location I posted further up thread.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Oh, I also wanted to publicly thank the many staffers who helped read throughout the weekend, Harry White for collecting stats, the various writing teams that produced content we were able to mirror, and Columbia (+ ex-Columbia) affiliates for helping me arrange the site after other options fell through.

The use of Hamilton Hall and Mudd over the weekend ended up being really, really smooth, so assuming not much changes year-to-year, I would encourage their use for future "unlicensed" events (assuming you can get at least swipe into Mudd).
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

For Age of Empires, four games were played before the field was condensed into a shootout. You can find stats for the first four games here. For the next two shootout games, we have the following:

Alex: 1/9/3
Rudra: 0/3/2
James: 0/1/3
Victor: 0/1/3
Dallas: 5/10/2
Ophir: 0/3/2
Taylor: 2/6/3
Emmett: 0/2/4
Michael: (1 game) 0/1/0

Ophir has additional shootout stats and I'll update the shootout stat report when I have them.
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21