Playtesting for Wolfie Bowl

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
JA01
Wakka

Playtesting for Wolfie Bowl

Post by JA01 »

The Stony Brook team is holding playtesting sessions for our upcoming Wolfie Bowl tournament. Sessions will be held July 13-16 at 6 pm EDT over a Discord server.

Players that have registered already for Wolfie Bowl CANNOT participate in playtesting. If you're thinking of registering, but have not done so yet, do not sign up playtesting. This is only for players who are not playing Wolfie Bowl at all to give feedback on the questions. Signing up for playtesting, bars you from playing the tournament. Those who participate in the playtesting CANNOT reveal the set content under any circumstances until the set is clear.

This is primarily a high school set, but we are open to those not in high school to gain a decent amount of feedback.

Sign up on this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d ... sp=sharing

Note that you must have Discord to participate.
Last edited by JA01 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jade Anderson
Smithtown High School West President Class of ‘19
Stony Brook University President Class of ‘23
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Re: Playtesting for Wolfie Bowl

Post by Ciorwrong »

Traditionally, I think it's best to playtest high school questions only with players who are ineligible (i.e. graduated from high school.) Else, you create weird incentives and it's harder to reveal answers because there isn't as much contact between current potential players of this set and collegiate players. This is what WHAQ 3 did and I thought it was very successful in its playtesting.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
JA01
Wakka

Post by JA01 »

Ciorwrong wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 pm Traditionally, I think it's best to playtest high school questions only with players who are ineligible (i.e. graduated from high school.) Else, you create weird incentives and it's harder to reveal answers because there isn't as much contact between current potential players of this set and collegiate players. This is what WHAQ 3 did and I thought it was very successful in its playtesting.
That’s true. I have edited the original post to reflect this.
Jade Anderson
Smithtown High School West President Class of ‘19
Stony Brook University President Class of ‘23
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

JA01 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 pm
Ciorwrong wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 pm Traditionally, I think it's best to playtest high school questions only with players who are ineligible (i.e. graduated from high school.) Else, you create weird incentives and it's harder to reveal answers because there isn't as much contact between current potential players of this set and collegiate players. This is what WHAQ 3 did and I thought it was very successful in its playtesting.
That’s true. I have edited the original post to reflect this.
This is emphatically not what I'd recommend. Perhaps my words were not clear. High school sets should exclusively playtest with players who are no longer in high school to reduce the risk if impropriety.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired