Set Collaboration Thread-2019-2020 Season

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Set Collaboration Thread-2019-2020 Season

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Hello everyone,

I figured now would be a good time to post a thread for collaborating on writing sets for the upcoming year. If you would be interested in collaborating with a team or are an existing set who would like to have some more writers, now would be a good time to post looking for assistance.

(On that note: Due to WHAQ IV not being available, David Dennis and myself are interested in being on the editing team for a set to run at Washington's tournament in December.)

Let's get to collaborating and figuring out plans for high school housewrites, quizbowl!
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

Re: Set Collaboration Thread-2019-2020 Season

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

Hello! I don't know a good place to do this, but I wanted to express that I would be interested in writing for any packet sets this year. I wrote for WHAQ III last year and I went through the PACE mentorship program in writing. I would love to be involved in any way, thanks!
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021
alexdz
Rikku

Post by alexdz »

SAGES has been asked to bid for a JV/novice set to be used for a Missouri conference, but the set would then also be available for many other events (as Missouri format is pretty close to national format now, with a few relatively easy tweaks to the distribution).

Supposing this bid is accepted, I'd need additional writers in order to complete such a set, particularly writers who feel comfortable writing JV/novice literature, religion/myth, bio/chem, and fine arts.

SAGES continues to write pyramidal sets for the elementary and middle school levels as well, including in the IESA format. I'm willing to bring on extra writers to complete this as well.
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present
trbenedict
Lulu

Post by trbenedict »

Miami Valley (Dayton, OH) will be working to produce a HS Regular set for next November in collaboration with players from Adlai E. Stevenson (Lincolnshire, IL) and Uni Lab (Urbana, IL), as well as some other recently-graduated quizbowlers. I will be helping to oversee set production. We are seeking additional writers as well as knowledgeable subject-area editors, so please contact me, John John Groger, or Arjun Nageswaran if you are interested.
Tyler Benedict
Miami Valley
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

I don't think I will time in the fall to work on any high school sets but one thing I would encourage high school writers to take advantage of is playtesting with college players. I and other college/open people would be happy to playtest questions if we have the time. I think WHAQ III did this very well back in the fall. Additionally, playtesting also works to encourage writers to have their questions done early.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
hcube
Lulu

Post by hcube »

Depending on my schedule, I'd be happy to contribute a few questions (preferably math, maybe physics/chemistry) to sets.
Hanson Hao
IMSA 19
Stanford 23
eygotem
Wakka

Post by eygotem »

The Ladue quizbowl team is planning to produce a HS regular difficulty set for next spring, as long as we can get enough knowledgeable writers and editors to help us. If anyone isn't too busy already with other sets, we would greatly appreciate your help, so please contact me if you are interested.
June Yin (they/them)
Ladue 2021
WUSTL 2026(?)
A_Failure
Lulu

Post by A_Failure »

Hi everyone,

A group of us are looking for experienced editors (especially a science and head editor) to help out with a regular-difficulty tournament for the fall. Please PM myself, Jason Lewis, or Jamie Faeder either here or on Discord (our tags are A_Failure#1531, amine#5968, or neilbreen#7214, respectively) if you are interested.
Dean Ah Now
Millburn '20
Pomona '24
Hypersmart
Lulu

Post by Hypersmart »

HI am am also available as a writer. I graduated HS in June and have been playing QB for 4 years. I've written several questions independently.
Veer R