A note about announcing NAQT tournaments

Anything that's on topic but doesn't fit elsewhere, including related events that might be of interest to quizbowl players.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

A note about announcing NAQT tournaments

Post by Important Bird Area »

(Please note that this isn't directed at any particular program or poster. We've seen a number of these lately, so we wanted to post this clarification.)

Would your school like to host a tournament using NAQT questions? Excellent news! Please email NAQT ([email protected]) to reserve a packet set and get confirmation from us before posting an announcement on the forums. It's more convenient for everyone if we can identify the particular set in use as soon as the announcement goes up (rather than, for instance, having to warn teams of set conflicts after they have already expressed interest in tournaments).

Thanks!
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: A note about announcing NAQT tournaments

This is just a reminder, as it is now tournament-planning season again: please email NAQT to reserve sets for the 2014-15 season.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

In related news: please contact NAQT if you wish to change the date of your tournament. If your tournament is earlier in the year than originally planned, we may or may not be able to supply you with questions.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

Bumping this post as a reminder to everyone about NAQT announcements as we prepare for the 2016-17 competition year.

(NAQT is now taking hosting information for 2016-17 tournaments; contact [email protected] and expect to hear from Chad about packet availability by early June. For obvious reasons we are unable to resolve all of these this week.)
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

Important Bird Area

Bumping this post as a reminder to everyone about NAQT announcements as we prepare for the 2017-18 competition year.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF