The Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence (PACE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer alliance of advocates and organizers for the game of high school quizbowl. PACE members commit themselves to outreach projects, organization of the NSC, or both, as well as attending virtual meetings every month or so. PACE frequently collaborates with other high school and college academic competition organizations to achieve greater success in its projects.
- the growth of high school quizbowl in many different aspects (listed here)
- providing an opportunity for high school quizbowl players to compete against other teams on the national stage at NSC.
- successful outreach efforts
- strong tournament direction skills
- leadership roles in local or regional quizbowl organizations
- steadfast commitment to projects that improve competitions or the quizbowl community in general
- experience in head editing question sets
- specialized technical skills (i.e. video editing skills, experience handling an organization's finances, web design)
PACE values having a diverse set of voices amongst our membership, from all races, colors, religions, sexes, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We are especially welcoming applicants and nominees who are women or underrepresented minorities, as we recognize that an array of perspectives can significantly strengthen our organization. Often, people from these groups are hesitant about whether they are qualified to apply. If you know someone who would be a great fit but who might be reluctant to apply, please consider nominating them! If you're just interested in learning more about what it's like to work for PACE, feel free to email me or any other PACE officer, or take a look at a 2016 thread on the subject.
We look forward to reading your applications and nominations!