Old Scobol Solo stats

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
jonah
Auron

Old Scobol Solo stats

Post by jonah »

I have added to the Scobol Solo website all the old results I could find: From 2001 through 2007 (the era of keeping stats only on paper), the data are very sparse, basically only the final standings and—in some cases—limited, aggregated-only information about category results.

From 2008 through 2013 (the first two years of which were the era of keeping data in spreadsheets prepared by New Trier coach Ben Yang, and the latter four years of which used a predecessor to my current software), the results should theoretically be complete, but there were a number of errors in the source data that could not be fixed, so we made guesses during the migration. In some cases the guesses are plausible; in some cases they're not, but accomplished partly-useful things like getting the correct score (even if the question-by-question results are impossible).

From 2014 through 2017 (the era of my current software), the results are correct and complete as far as I know.

Championship Match scoresheets are present for 2008–2011 and 2013–2017. In 2012 we used Slam-In, whose data-keeping malfunctioned, so only the final standings are known. In 2013 Slam-In recorded almost (but not quite) the full data expected; there's a note explaining that on the scoresheet. We don't use Slam-In anymore.

If you know of any specific fixes to report (of any sort, from scoring to typos), please let me know at [email protected].
Last edited by jonah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
Antrobus63
Wakka

Re: Old Scobol Solo stats

Post by Antrobus63 »

We played the 2015 NTSS set at East Brunswick a few years ago: it was very good and, towards the end, very vey hard. As far as I can recall, that's the only solo tournament we've had out East. Eric Wolfsburg, won it, of course. Stats:

http://neg5.org/t/EyxCdvDyMW/stats/team ... #EJzZ9D1MZ
Peter Schmidt
Columbia '84, Yale '88
Coach, Moravian Academy History Bowl 2020-23
Lehigh Valley Academy 2016-18
Pennsylvania NASAT '15, ‘18, ‘22, '23
Owner and Teacher, Prepare Test Preparation