Suwanee Slugfest III - April 17, 2021 (NAQT IS-198A)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
scottkim
Lulu

Suwanee Slugfest III - April 17, 2021 (NAQT IS-198A)

Post by scottkim »

North Gwinnett Middle School is proud to announce the 3rd Suwanee Slugfest, to be held on Saturday, April 17th, 2021.

The Tournament will use NAQT set IS-198A and is open to all middle school teams that have not yet heard or played the question set. We will have two divisions for the tournament, a Nationals division designed for teams that are planning on attending or have qualified for MSNCT and a Regular division open to all teams.

(Please note that the Regular Division will initially be limited to teams from Georgia until April 1st. The remaining spots will open up based on moderator availability.)

FORMAT:
The tournament will be held online via Zoom and buzzin.live will be used as the buzzer system. Standard NAQT Online rules will be used for the tournament. All players are expected to be on camera during matches with at least one hand visible at all times during tossups and their team’s controlled bonuses.

Misconduct, cheating, and other forms of misbehavior are not tolerated and I reserve the right to remove players if they commit such acts. Players will be expected to abide by the PACE Code of Conduct and can avail themselves of the quizbowl misconduct form, in addition to reporting misconduct to me or other tournament officials.

FEE STRUCTURE:
The registration fee for the tournament will be $80 for each team. A moderator discount of $40 is available for all teams that can supply a moderator for the entire day.

We are using NAQT’s registration system and all teams should register on NAQT’s website. The current field is listed here: https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=11793

We are hoping to have a very competitive and diverse field in the Nationals division and if you are interested in moderating, please let me know via email (scott DOT kim AT gcpsk12 DOT org). We will be able to offer and send a token of our appreciation to all readers after the tournament.
Scott Kim
Quiz Bowl Coach
North Gwinnett MS (2017-Present)
Collins Hill HS (2006-2017)
scottkim
Lulu

Re: Suwanee Slugfest III - April 17, 2021 (NAQT IS-198A)

Post by scottkim »

We have reached our first field cap for the Nationals division at 18 teams. We are exploring the possibility of expanding to 24 teams (hard cap) so if you are still interested in playing, go ahead and register for the wait list.

If anyone is interested and available to read for this, please let me know. We will be paying readers (HS graduates and older) $40 for their service and can offer community service hours for HS Students.
Scott Kim
Quiz Bowl Coach
North Gwinnett MS (2017-Present)
Collins Hill HS (2006-2017)