IESA Style Set Available Again

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Stained Diviner
Auron

IESA Style Set Available Again

Post by Stained Diviner »

I am producing an IESA Style Set like I did last year. The set is ready for use now. Last year's announcement, which includes a sample set is here.

This set is 15 rounds. The distribution is:
Science 5/4
Math with some Computers 5/4
Social Studies (including History) 5/4
Language Arts (including Literature) 5/4
Fine Arts 2/2
Miscellaneous 2/2
Total 24/20 + 1 extra tossup

In addition to the distribution being unusual, the bonuses are each four parts meant to be read all at once, with teams given 30 seconds to confer. The math tossups are split somewhat evenly between computational and not computational, while the math bonuses are mostly but not entirely computational.

It has been written by:
Mike Laudermith (Science)
David Bass (Grammar and some Math)
Aditya Patel (tossups on Economics, Current Events, Geography, and Sports)
Amogh Kulkarni (History)
Justin Chen (Literature, Vocabulary, Spelling)
Ryan Sun (Fine Arts)
Samir Sarma (Agriculture and Industrial Technology)
Jade Anderson (Movies, Pop Music, Television, Miscellaneous)
me (Civics, Consumer & Family Science, Physical Fitness, some Math, and bonuses on Economics, Current Events, Geography, and Sports)

I edited. I am happy to report that every writer completed everything they signed up to write.

If you are interested in either using this set or converting it into a regular set, please contact me. If you convert it, you can have 50% of the revenue generated, and you can use it anywhere except Illinois. It will take a fair amount of effort to convert because every bonus will need to be changed, and there will be distributional issues that require new questions. If you want to know the price or the subdistributions, contact me. I am also selling last year's questions as practice questions.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)