Northmont Middle School Invitational

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
djones
Wakka

Northmont Middle School Invitational

Post by djones »

Northmont will be hosting our 3rd annual Middle School Invitational on Saturday, October 5th at Northmont High School. This tournament will use the NMMS 3 set which was written by myself, Kara Combs and Emily Bingham for use at this event.

The cost to attend is $65 for your first team and $55 for subsequent teams, with a $5 buzzer discount and a $10 discount for bringing a moderator. We are hoping that this will be our biggest tournament yet on this set and would love to have your team attend. There is no limit to the number of teams that schools are able to bring.

All teams in attendance are guaranteed at least 8 games and some will play up to 10. We will begin play at 9 AM and hope to have everything wrapped up by 3 PM.

I have sent the NMMS 1 set to quizbowlpackets.com so that teams can gauge the difficulty of questions (though it is around MS regs difficulty on the NAQT scale). The set should be posted within the next couple of days. The NMMS 2 questions are being used by a couple of early season mirrors and I will post those as soon as those mirrors are over.

To register, teams can email me at [email protected]. Hope to see you in Clayton in October!!
David Jones
Coach, Northmont High School
djones
Wakka

Re: Northmont Middle School Invitational

Post by djones »

Field:
Copley (2)
Miami Valley School (2)
Northmont (4)
Oakwood (1)
Sidney (1)
Tippecanoe (2)

Interested:
Little Miami
Last edited by djones on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
David Jones
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

The set posted on quizbowlpackets has a lot of errors--I hope you'll be proofreading and fact-checking this year's set more closely.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Yeah, we will be in good shape. We had a lot of our recent alumni end up collaborating on the first iteration a couple of years ago, which led to some difficulty issues and some errors. This year's set is already written and was written exclusively by our 3 person team, so those issues have been cleaned up. We will be play testing the set with some high school teams in two weeks and should be able to catch any types then before we utilize the set in October.
David Jones
djones
Wakka

Post by djones »

Congratulations to The Miami Valley School who won today's Northmont Middle School Invitational, defeating Northmont in the second game of an advantaged final. Full stats are available here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/5 ... all_games/

Thanks to all the teams for coming out and we hope to see you again next year!!
David Jones