Starting a team at De Anza College in Cupertino, CA

This forum is for anyone seeking advice on starting a collegiate team, branching out into new types of tournaments, or other "how-to" aspects of collegiate quizbowl.
halfmoonbay
Kimahri

Starting a team at De Anza College in Cupertino, CA

Post by halfmoonbay »

Hi I used to play a bit of quiz bowl in Minnesota and right now I'm trying to start a team at De Anza College, which is a community college located in the South Bay region of the SF Bay Area. Looking for any advice on good ways to get a team going. Particularly is there anything that can really be done in the summer as far as recruiting goes? There is a summer semester but it's much less active than the normal school year, and basically all the clubs don't usually do anything. I'm also fairly familiar with the way the school's Interclub Council and administration works but I guess there might still be some surprises in store as far as bureaucracy goes.
Last edited by halfmoonbay on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zachary Yan
Wayzata, St Olaf, De Anza College, Miller Middle School
i never see pigeons in wheeling
Rikku

Re: Starting a team at De Anza College in Cupertino, CA

Post by i never see pigeons in wheeling »

Hi Zach, we'd love to have a De Anna team started in the Bay (also, several quiz bowl players, including myself, happen to be from Cupertino)! It's technically always possible to get a team started for any session as long as you can get interested students, but putting together room reservations for the summer session may be more difficult.
Ankit
Cal '16
Bellarmine College Preparatory '12