FEAR - A Visual Horror Tournament

Old college threads.
sharkcrossing
Lulu

FEAR - A Visual Horror Tournament

Post by sharkcrossing »

I have completed three sets of 20 visual tossups entirely on horror films that I plan to read on the Quizbowl Discord on Friday night (April 10th) at 8 PM.

Each set of 20 tossups was subdivided by both decade, with the oldest films being from the 1960s and roughly half of the films being from the 2000 or later. Each set is also subdivided by subgenre to ensure good coverage within the genre. For example, each packet contains some number of slasher, haunting, zombie, vampire, creature-feature, etc films and at least one film in each packet will be found footage.

As for difficulty, the packet is written such that horror buffs would at least recognize all of the films in set (aka there are no "random film I found on Amazon Prime" tossups) and a fair number from each set should be recognizable to a more general film fan.

Warning: Horror is by nature a bloody genre and the images presented in this packet reflect that. If you do not like blood, gore, or potential gross-out images, I would avoid this reading. That being said, effort has been made to remove nudity from the set and there will be no sexually explicit images.

If you have any questions about this set, please feel free to message me at [email protected]. I hope people can come by to play!
John Stathis
UNC, 2020
Duke University, 2013-2017